“Great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaucho Grill

Gaucho Grill
11754 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049-5010 (Westside)
310 447 7898
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,273 of 7,958 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to celebrate my daughter's 14th birthday. Had reservations through opentable.com and were seated immediately at a table by the window. There is parking in the lot of First Federal Bank a few doors down from the restaurant. They have a kid's menu, albeit not a very extensive one; they allowed us to modify one of the kid's dishes (fettucine with meatballs and pink sauce) so that my 5 year old would eat it. We requested fettucine with just butter and they were very accommodating. For appetizers, we had the sampler platter as well as the calamari. The calamari was flavorful and tender. The sampler platter consisted of grilled chorizo, 2 empanadas, and sauteed mushrooms. The mushrooms were delicious, but a little bit too strong on the garlic. My husband ate the empanadas and said they were pretty good - not too thick a pastry with lots of filling. My 14 year old ate the chorizo, which, as the ultimate carnivore, she liked. Both my husband and I had the short ribs, which were delicious, flavorful and cooked perfectly. My 14 year old had the Angus rib steak with portobello mushrooms. She said that these mushrooms were even better than the sauteed ones in the appetizer sampler. The steak was slightly overcooked - more medium rare than rare, but seasoned well and was very juicy and tender. The sangria was a little sweet for my taste but refreshing. We did not order dessert but they served my daughter a flan with a candle for her birthday (on the house) which was delicious, especially with the caramel sauce. The reason I didn't give the restaurant a 5 was because they forgot my minestrone soup and my 5 year old's french fries. I decided against the soup as my entree had arrived, but they did give me small bowl of the soup on the house. Overall, pretty good service; very solicitous if forgetful, and very pleasant. Entrees run in the $20-24 range where in other comparable restaurants, they would likely charge at least $10-20 more per entree. Good food at acceptable prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Good food, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came in the evening for a last minute dinner Monday night plan change. The staff seated us immediately (6pm) and gave us a nice table. The entire staff were outstandingly friendly, to our young daughter as much as us, which was nice. Food was good, not as good as I'd remembered years ago, but still tasty. That chimi sauce and bread still hit the spot the minute they brought it to the table. Dessert was overdone lava cake, and yet our daughter licked the plate clean and pronounced it "Extra yummy!" Overall a nice stop in Brentwood, and a nice family place to eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Redondo Beach, California
“Gaucho Grill - less than I hoped for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to dinner at the Brentwood Gaucho Grill for the first time last night. We were told that they were out of rib eye steaks last night. So, we looked at the menu and my boyfriend pointed out Parrillada, which is served on a table grill and consists of Asado de tira (beef short ribs), skirt steak, one chorizo, 1/4 chicken with bnes, mollejas (sweetbreads) and a chicken skewer with roasted peppers and onion. With this, we ordered French fries and creamed spinach. The menu price on their web site said $45.95, but in the restaurant, the price was $47.95. That was strike one.

We were seated and brought fresh bread with chimichurri while we waited...and waited...and waited. Our dinner finally arrived 45 minutes later. Since we had been seated at a narrow table for two, they brought over another table to set the grill and our side dishes. The short ribs had little meat and were dry and chewy. Even the chicken wasn't juicy. The mollejas had an interesting flavor, but were grilled to death. The chorizo was also overcooked. We didn't even get around to the skirt steak and the 1/4 chicken and got these to go. Maybe I can revive it in a sauce. Strike two.

They didn't quite make it to strike three, but all I can say is, don't order the Parrillada. It is so not worth it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
leeds, uk
“great food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

we ordered a chorizo starter and a rib eye
chorizo came as a whole sausage with salad
very very nice and not salty at all
rib eye although i asked for arre, it was more medium, but that didn't bother me too much as the quality of the steak said it all
service was slightly slow
would recommend

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Caracas
“Past glory!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Perhaps in the distant past this place served food as in Argentina. The menu shows typical dishes but you get quality similar to the one found in a diner.Needs improvement in their servings.

• 3 of 5 stars Food