“Our favorite restaurant in LA” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
UNCLE Andre's BBQ
11715 Moorpark St, Los Angeles, CA 91604-2112 (Universal City Area)
818-763-8414
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,527 of 8,645 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Los Angeles, CA
“Our favorite restaurant in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

That's right. Always tender ribs and chicken (still, remember to ask for extra sauce)! The mac & cheese is the best I've ever had. Baked beans are fantastic, too. Some people have complained of the tri-tip being dry--can't comment on that--never had it. The only caveat is that you want to call in your order and take it to-go. The place itself is a hole in the wall. When we first went to this place, we didn't know that and ate there. The employees seemed surprised, but still treated us well, but the food did take a while. Point being, DELICIOUS barbecue! Hopefully they'll put up a website eventually so their menu's actually accessible.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burbank, California
“Real BBQ.... Come on people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

As a BBQ lover I have to say I was hoping for the best. But maybe for southern California this is considered good.
No real smoke flavor, the sauces cover up what could maybe be a good rib. The large beef ribs were way over done. They offer potato salad but were out at 430 pm. The macaroni salad was noodles and mayo. The hot link was decent and I will say the fried chicken was solid. I love Texas style BBQ but this was not it. LA we can do better. Baby blues in Venice.

Los Angeles, CA
“Best BBQ Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I don't want to oversell it, but holy crap is this place GOOD! It's best to call ahead so you don't have to sit there waiting for 30 mins or longer to get your food. My boyfriend & I have been there twice and just ordered a big batch for my recent birthday party. People raved about the food & wanted the name of the place.

The ribs are great & meaty (not skimpy), the chicken is phenomenally tender, the beans are good, and the mac & cheese is outrageous!

YUM!
Btw, as of this review, they only charge a very reasonable $5 for delivery!

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Prepare to wait forever...but it's well worth it. The beef ribs are boneless. I recommend you call for pick up. The...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Prepare to wait forever...but it's well worth it. The beef ribs are boneless. I recommend you call for pick up. The decor leaves much to be desired.