“you can never go wrong at this place” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pomodoro Trattoria - Pizzeria
1393 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024-4940 (Westside)
310-445-9998
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Los Angeles, California
“you can never go wrong at this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I like to think of Pomodoro as "my Italian place." It is downstairs from my home and I've taken everyone I know there. The first question is always, "What should I order?" to which I reply, "Doesn't matter, it's all amazing." And it's true.
It is the bread, however, that is Pomodoro's biggest draw. Made on the premises, it is the perfect combination of crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside. We keep promising ourselves we'll go there and just eat bread with their rosemary olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We never manage that because we're too tempted by their extensive, delicious menu. My standby is the farfalle alla vodka or the farfalle caprino, but really, it's all good--and very reasonably priced with generous portions.
Pomodoro is tiny and intimate with super-friendly wait staff and the owner, who is always there, is an excellent host, making me feel even more so that it is "my place." There is usually a wait though so either book ahead or be patient as you wait on the sidewalk outside. There's no room to wait indoors.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport Beach, California
“Italy in West LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant with my son, a trained chef, because he had a yen for homemade gnocchi for lunch, and had called ahead to confirm that the gnocchi was homemade.. Small, comfortable corner restaurant location, Italian accessories, attentive waitstaff. The gnocchi was freshly made and wonderful, as were the salads. We spoke with the owner, Davide, who comes from a family in Italy that has been in the restaurant business for 100 years, so he grew up working in the kitchen in Italy. He clearly loves what he does and it shows. Lots of attention to detail in sourcing and prepping ingredients. Finely diced fresh tomatoes on the Bruschetta, the Gnocchi Al Funghi was deliciously thick with lots of mushrooms, even the chicken on the Caesar salad was finely cut so that it was mixed well with the greens. The menu is classic, straightforward italian, with no pretense. Really good value for the quality of the food and the experience. Looking forward to our next visit!

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“I miss Italy..then I come here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

What can I say, I have brought many friends, co-workers and students here and all have been satisfied. When my students from Italy tell me they love the food..I can't be too wrong. Olive Gar...I can't even say it. They do NOT compare to Pomodoro Trattoria. Plus, I'm a big believer in supporting the under dogs. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“No Italian at all! Fake fake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I m Italian and I can say this is so fake!
Pizza disgusting, it was like domino pizza or worse than that! And the pasta was terrible as well
[--]

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, California
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The bread is amazing and the food is a good value. Great place for groups

Visited March 2012