“Authentic Mexican Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

213-250-4505
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Compadre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #522 of 8,655 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Millbrook, Canada
“Authentic Mexican Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was the best Mexican food I have ever tasted. The complimentary nacho chips were so good. The salsa was so fresh and the guacamole was to die for. It was hard to stop from filling up on them before our main course.
For my main course I got the Chicken Enchiladas with rice, beans and guacamole. Everything was delicious and the portion size was huge.
I will definitely hit this place up again when I am back in L.A. You can't NOT go to this place!
And kudos to our lovely Canadian waiter, Mark.

• Visited February 2014

Burlington, New Jersey
“My friend ate and I drank and we were both happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were told to check out El Compadre by the person at the front desk of the Super 8 Motel where we were staying. As soon as we walked in the door we knew we were in the right spot. They had a live mariachi band playing and everyone seemed to be in a happy mood. There was a birthday party for someone so it was mainly locals which made the night even better. I honestly forget what my friend ordered but when he got it the portions were insane. He said it tasted really good too. I was happy then had Modelo and aguardiente cristal and they weren't outragiously expensive. I seemed to surprise the bar tender when I ordered the aguardiente, not something many pale skin red heads order I guess. Next time I am in LA I will stop in again.

• Visited December 2013
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Great Meeting Place Before Dodger Games”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dodger Stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums in America, but because it sits alone on top of a hill doesn't offer sports bars in the surrounding area to meet up at before the games as so many stadiums do. El Compadre, however, is a winner and fits the bill for this nicely. Located on Sunset Blvd., it's an easy 1/2 mile walk to the stadium (downhill on way back!) and is a great place to hook up before the game.

A full service bar with excellent margaritas ("Home of hte Flaming Margarita"), they also have outstading chips & salsa along with reasonably priced Mexican food. Very fun atmosphere, with most of the guests their for pre and postgame fun. Valet parking on premises and you get out of there quicker and easier than the Dodger Stadium parking lot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Hit the spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Yummy chips and salsa! The salsa definitely had a nice kick to it and the chips were light and warm :) Had to refrain from loading up on those before our actual entrees came out it was that good. I had the number one which consisted of a thin steak, steak taco, cheese enchilada, guacamole, rice and beans (if I remember correctly). Either way it was a really good variety and portion size! Although I was sooo stuffed I finished the whole thing.

Visited October 2013
California
“Great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We were actually on Sunset on our way to another restaurant when my husband saw this place. He suggested we try it, and we are so glad we did. The service was excellent. Our waters, chips, and salsa were never empty. I had the carnitas dinner and my husband had an enchilada/tamale combo. It was all perfect. The tamale was moist and delicious, the carnitas were lean and tender. Loved this place and will definitely return.

• Visited October 2013