“Easy Breezy Yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Terminal 5 LAX, Los Angeles, CA
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #663 of 8,553 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Vegan, Vegetarian, Eclectic, Californian, Healthy, Fast Food
Los Angeles, California
“Easy Breezy Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Easy spot to grab some real food. I order more and take it home. The lemonade is good, but it's really about the comfort food. I love all the veggies!

Visited June 2013

82% Recommend
lizardlips48
“Good food but challenging to order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Perhaps it was just because I hit the transition from breakfast to lunch at 10 am, but the place was confusing and chaotic. It wasn't just me, it was most people in line. I went in and looked at the food, planning to eat breakfast there and take lunch for the plane. But there were other new customers in front of me, and by the time I got to the food line, breakfast was gone and most of the lunch items weren't there yet, and the breakfast menus were still up. I ended up having macaroni and truffle cheese for breakfast, which I was told was their favorite item. It was very very goopy--overcooked bland macaroni in twice as much sauce as needed. I had a side of chicken sausage that was dried out; I suspect it was the end of breakfast. The coffee was average. I had wanted fruit salad, but they pulled it between the person in front of me and me. : (

The lunch salads that were out by the time I left looked tasty, but I didn't have time to wait.

A better turnover time/method is needed for an airport restaurant. It seemed like they didn't quite know how to pull it off.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Favorite airport food anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I hate to fly, but this creative, tasty spot gives me something to look forward to. Simmers, cookies, unique sandwiches, salads, lots of lemonade. Go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quality amidst airport banality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I were changing planes at LAX on a trip from Atlanta to Kona HI and needed just a quick bite to ease the hunger pangs before another airline meal on the next leg of our trip. The restaurant offerings in the Delta terminals were limited but hen there was Lemonade. Fresh salads, soups, sandwiches and entrée items were all appealingly presented and the servers were knowledgeable and informative when questions were asked. The lentil soup was among the best I've had and my wife enjoyed a salad with chicken breast atop. Seating is a bit limited given the popularity of the restaurant but it is a welcome Oasis in the airport.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
AV, California
“No Reason to Eat Anywhere Else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place has variety - I saw every flavor of food from Moroccan chicken and southeast Asian flavors to regular vegetarian salad and vinegrette flavors. Dozens of soup and salad choices and a way to order a little plate with three or four choices and a side of bread or rice. There were 6-or-so flavors of lemonade-like drinks from regular lemonade to blueberry-herb to watermelon-cucumber.
This place is fast. It is cafeteria style so you grab a tray choose how many things you want and -bam!- you'r done.
This place is fresh and delicious - everything looked and smelled awesome. Everything I had was devine.
This place is accomodating - offerings are clearly marked for which ones are vegetarian, which ones are gluten free, which ones are spicy.
This place has alcohol - The lemonades are $3 and adding a shot is another $3.
OK, I'll admit, if you need food for a dollar, then bring PBJ sandwiches because LAX is expensive.
OR if you want a triple bacon heart-attack burger with a 2-lb side of parmesean french fries, a lite beer, and a mocha cheesecake for dessert, this might not be your place... but it should be.
Otherwise, no matter what terminal you're in, just get to LAX early and ride the run-around shuttle to terminal 5 and then hop right back with your food. Literally, there is no reason to eat anywhere else at LAX. I can't wait to try the other Lemonade places in LA.

• Visited April 2013