“Tasty, healthy fast food options in Koreatown!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Falafel Corner
698 Irolo St Ste 103, Los Angeles, CA 90005-2373 (Central L.A.)
(213) 252-4435
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,064 of 8,563 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Central L.A.
Neighborhood: Central L.A.
Los Angeles, California
“Tasty, healthy fast food options in Koreatown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love Falafel Corner! I live in the neighborhood and often find myself stopping in there in the evenings after I am done with school. (They close at 7, so don't forget this if you want to grab dinner here.) The restaurant is small and doesn't have a lot of seating indoors or outdoors, but I've never had a problem finding seating in the evenings. They will fry up the falafel right in front of you, which ensures its freshness.

I usually get the vegetarian plate, which comes with pita, 3 falafel balls, baba ganoush (which is so garlicky and lemony and delicious that I want some now), some tabbouleh (also very lemony, but quite good) and a small lettuce and tomato salad, 2-3 sarnas (stuffed grape leaves), and rice pilaf, plus some hummus, a cup of tahini, and a couple of peperoncini. All this is about $9 once tax is added in, and is prepared fresh a couple of times a day, so it's fresh and crisp (or hot, or whatever the right texture and temperature should be) even at the end of the day. The falafel tastes really good, and seems to have more herbs in it than at many places. The sarnas and the rice are delicately seasoned but taste great. The hummus and babaganoush are both very creamy and good to have when you bite into the peppers that are included. The salad is also refreshing after the hot falafel and spicy peppers. Extra falafel balls are only $.50 and an extra pita is only $.25. That is serious value in this city, if you ask me.

I understand that they deliver in my neighborhood, but I like getting take-out or eating in because the guys who work there as so friendly and nice. They always ask how everything is tasting and are interested in talking to you about the food, or about life in general, and ensuring that you have a great dining experience. This is fast food, but with heart and soul, and much more delicious and healthy than the burger chains just around the corner. I hope you will enjoy Falafel Corner as much as I have!

• Visited November 2012