“AMAZING FOOD!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marouch Lebanese Restaurant

Marouch Lebanese Restaurant
4905 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029-2537 (Hollywood)
323-662-9325
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marouch Lebanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,059 of 7,958 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Lebanese, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: N Edgemont St.
Transit: There is a bus stop located right on the corner and the metro station 3 blocks east of the restaurant.
New York City, New York
“AMAZING FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

cannot say enough great things about this place - somewhat of a hole in the wall (compared to trendy LA places) but as a NYC foodie, this is the type of place i LOVE! my boyfriend and i had a sampling of mezes and meats and everything was to DIE for. you don't come here for the ambiance, you come for a delicious middle eastern meal! i will definitely be back next time i'm in LA.

• Visited April 2013

Palm Springs, California
“When I can't think of where to go for dinner, I always go to Marouch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have been going here for about 15 years and still can't wait to go back. Every person I've ever taken here becomes a Marouch fan as well. I have been here alone and I've also had parties here for 10-15 people.. Just remember you are going to a kind of divey strip mall on a part of Santa Monica Boulevard that is a bit like no man's land, once inside you'll be swept away to another place.

Order the Meza for two, the more people you have the more dishes you will receive. It's a lot of fun to come and order the Meza for 6 as the dishes never seem to stop coming. The only thing that the Meza for two does not come with is their phenomenal Baba Ghanouge. I have had this all over the world including the middle east and I still think that Marouch's Baba Ghanouge is the best. It is super smoky and delicious. Order a side of this no matter what other dishes you get. Their Hummos is also outstanding, just the right ratio of tahini to garbanzo beans. I also love their home made sausages and Labneh soft cheese. The Mouhamara dip, which is comprised of crushed walnuts and pomegranate is addictive.

If you're still hungry then order a bowl of their lentil soup and if you still need more then move on to their lamb chops. I think it would be hard to make it to the lentil soup and the chops, I've only managed in all these years to accomplish that feat about 3 times.

They have a traditional soft drink that they make called Jallab (Raisin & Grape juice, honey, rose water, served with pinenuts & raisins) It is unusual and delicious. Ask the waiter to make it the way he makes it for himself, I think he adds some ginger ale. It's sublime.

All I can say is go go go!

• Visited April 2012
Larkspur, California
“Delicous feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our first time to Marouch with group of 7 friends. We feasted on the generous platters for 6 - one of mezes and one of meats/rice. Don't know about the other ala carte choices, but this was a delicious sampling. So much that there were leftovers to go. Plusses: Friendly helpful service, the room was charming enough and nice for conversation, reasonably priced food/drinks. Parking lot is tiny, and later in evening it appeared congested.

Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“superb Lebanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Marouch is your place if you want to have exquisit Lebanese food. Many of the dishes are prepared from scratch at the restaurant and are served very well. Friendly proprietor and staff.

• Visited January 2012
los angeles
“Fresh and delicious, affordable Lebanese food in an unpretentious setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is truly one of my favourite restaurants in LA. I've been going there on and off for the last 10 years and never tire of it.

The first time I ventured there I drove right past it - it is located in an unprepossessing mall in a 'hoody strip of Santa Monica heading east. The restaurant is not hip or cool in any way, the decor is dated, the atmosphere a little lacking, but the food - specifically the mezes - amazing! I am a vegetarian, and a huge fan of Lebanese food, and this place totally hits the spot. I always get a variety of meze dishes which are heavenly. Not to be missed are - the Babaganoush (smoky, garlicky, tangy), the Fool Mudammas (white bean, lemony, garlikcy delight), the Fattouch salad, Mouhamara (crushed walnuts, spicy pepper, olive oil), the Tabbouleh and the best Falafel (crispy on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside).

There is also a very good Lebanese white wine I always get - only available by the bottle (I forget the name, but I think it's the only Lebanese white they have) - it's dry and crisp and delicious and summery - pairs beautifully with the mezes.

They catered a party for us few years ago and though we ordered large quantities, not a speck of food was left at the end of the party.

We recently had kids and now take them with us, which doesn't raise an eyebrow, even though their table manners leave a lot to be desired!

An unpretentious, affordable restaurant with real rustic, mouthwatering (and healthy!) fare.

• Visited October 2011