“Authentic yet American-comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Robin Hood British Pub & Restaurant
13640 Burbank Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91401-5216 (South San Fernando Valley)
818-994-6045
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles
“Authentic yet American-comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Okay I admit it, I'm addicted to their grilled cheese sandwich, fries and veggie gravy for dipping. This neighborhood pub with the always on TV (the patrons often contributing their own cheers and disapproval at the games) has a creative and impressive selection of vegetarian dishes (ever changing) as well as delicious English fare: the teapots are put on your table covered with a proper cozy (or is it cosy?) and the fish and chips are the best around: crisp and tasty, the fish dense and fresh. You can get food that tastes like it was just cooked in the English countryside if that's what you're craving. Shepherd's pie, beans on toast, bangers & mash - their menu is extensive and combines continents. Join the fun at Happy Hour, get to know the waitresses by name (Julia: Scottish, not British) and arrive just before or after lunch hour if you want to find a good seat. There's rarely a wait though - it's just like going home.

• Visited May 2013

“Cheerio's, not Cheers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

You never know what you'll come across cruising the streets of the valley. In this case it was the Robin hood pub. A dark patinad friendly place with what they say is the best fish and chips in the country. My date had them Audi sampled them. " best in the world(?) I'll let you be the judge. I will say they were tasty. I had a pie which tasted very good but gets a point deduct for a cool inside. Dart board available for a friendly game. We went back the next day for Easter brunch and enjoyed roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. Portions of all foods were large, mostly tasty and satisfying . Service was friendly and smiling. A small list of beers and wines but you can find something that will satisfy. It's one of those neighborhood places that will remind you of Cheers. Try it, you'll like it.

Visited April 2013
Fullerton, California
“My pub of choice after a game of cricket!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A good place to get food drink and service after a game of cricket at Woodley.

Just excellent and a great must instead of the Springbok bar where the service is dire.

• Visited September 2012
Glendale, California
“Yummy Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Robin Hood British Pub is the place to go for Guinness and comfort food. I've eaten here many times over the years, but most recently for the first time with my British boyfriend. We went on a rainy Saturday afternoon, this place is perfect on cold days, as it feels so cozy and serves hearty meals.

I had the steak and mushroom pie and he had Bangers and Mash. Both were big hits and we cleaned our plates. We had a few pints of Guinness to get us prepped to go holiday shopping next door at Friar Tucks.

This is a great, local pub. The service is good and the staff is nice, but it's the type of place that they expect you to linger, so don't come here if you are in a rush.

My boyfriend even confirmed that it felt like the pubs that he has back home in England.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
“Best Place To Wind Down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to Robin Hood too many times to count. I've gone with my husband, with friends, with my sisters and on my birthday. The food is great, I won't eat fish n' chips anywhere else. The batter is flaky and not oily, try it with Marie Rose and a nice tall Blackthorn Cider. Recommended also are the Scotch Egg and meat pies. Great bar atmosphere, laid back and friendly people come to watch sports on telly or play darts. Usually busy on weekends but very uplifting and worth a visit. The traditional english dining room accommodates large parties and is also a wonderful atmosphere. Just talking about it makes me want to visit again soon.

• Visited September 2012