“Boom!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Original Pantry

The Original Pantry
877 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Central L.A)
(213) 972-9279
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Pegram, TN
“Boom!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

functional diner food that is delicious! Best pancakes I've had in a long while. there will likely be a line, so come prepared. Good Stuff!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Phoenix, AZ
“It is what it is, and does it perfectly...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stumbled across this classic diner on a walk while we were staying nearby. No preconceived hype for us, they happened to not even be that busy, but we both said "breakfast here tomorrow". Yes, it was packed. Yes, there was a line, but short for us as we were there relatively early for LA on a Saturday I suppose (8:30am). I love a diner that makes me feel like I've stepped back in time, and the Original Pantry is like no other I've been to in this regard. Cheap, decent coffee delivered to our table before we asked for it. Our waiter Jose was so pleasant and friendly, while fast and efficient, I felt like we were frequent costumers. Best French toast in a long time. Good pancakes. Perfect over medium eggs. When they say "sausage patty" they mean it... hamburger sized and delicious. Hashbrowns were super crispy on the outside. I say one of my best meals ever because for what it is, The original pantry stands alone so far in my experience. If you want a sparkly clean atmosphere, snotty service and a veggie tofu egg white omelette... I promise... you don't want to come here, and for godsake don't write a review about it if you do.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Not haute' cuisine, just functional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Four stars for history
Four stars for people who serve & eat here
Four stars because it is a place to get a filling, decent breakfast, with honestly fresh & well prepared food that will carry you through to lunch. Food where no shortcuts were applied. Is it haute cuisine--Hell no. Is it food that satisfies and is well prepared--Hell yes

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Dirty and Yucky!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, so this place is old and "historic"...it's also filthy and disgusting! We sat down only to find a huge dead roach the floor then took a good look around and saw what looked like, 50 years of grease, dust and scuz everywhere! After deciding not to eat here, we left $5 on the table and headed to the restroom to wash our hands. Don't ask me what we were thinking...I can't even explain the restroom. Let's just say, we wanted to go back to the hotel and shower!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Love this place! Yes, the lines was long, but well worth it! We had breakfast and the pancakes were bigger than the plate! The history of this place is amazing. Loved everyting about it!

• Visited July 2013