“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tepeyac

El Tepeyac
812 N Evergreen Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033 (Central L.A)
(323) 267-8668
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 7,958 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central L.A
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to El Tepeyac with friend, I have no words to describe this place. Fantastic ! Food is very good, we take the Special Manuels Burrito (about 2 kg) and nachos with asado.
Please visit them !

“Extortionary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I visited the area for the day. We then met up with a my sister law friend for dinner. We were taken here this place is CLEAN,CLEAN!!! Food is so amazingly awesome!!! Fresh, hot and fast!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“What happened???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just came back from tepeyac (manuals), and wow has it changed, This was the first time going back since Manual passed away, I decided to go because I had friends telling me that it was not the same anymore, well I went in and had my regular #7, and the wife had a Hollenbeck, and the stories are right on the button, first of all the service is not that good, we waited for an ice tea and glass a water, tea got there first, than chips n salsa, than after asking again the water showed, Than the food, the tacos on the #7 were real greasy, I lifted up to take a bite and grease was running down my fingers, they were heavy on the lettuce and tomatoes, but the cheese was skimped on, the refried beans had zero flavor, and the rice seemed overcooked, the Hollenbeck my wife ordered was much smaller now than the days that when Manual would greet you at the door! It did not have the same taste, kinda tasted old n stale, really sad to see such an awesome place back in the day to take such a quick nosedive into what it is now, I have been coming to manuals since I was a kid back in the 70's now I wont be coming back. RIP Manual!! We miss you!!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food-perfectly authentic ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the best Mexican food I have ever had. It is tucked away in an east LA neighborhood that is definitely not a touristy type of place-despite appearing on the Travel Channel. A must visit! Had the nacho plate and the Mannie burrito with pork--perfectly cooked. Delicious guacamole, too!

San Diego
“55 Years and still Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is an institution in Los Angeles. I have been going here since I was a child. Now living in San Diego, we stopped by for lunch on our way to Universal Studios. It's the exact same place it has been since I first started going their with my parents and the food is still outstanding, although somewhat more expensive.

Visited May 2014