“Sit down dinner at Farmer's Market” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ulysses Voyage

Ulysses Voyage
6333 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3109 (Central L.A)
323-939-9728
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Sit down dinner at Farmer's Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ulysses Voyage provides greek/mediterranean food in a sit-doen setting at the Farmer's Market. Patio is a grat place to enjoy dinner and people watch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City
“Good Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went here for lunch after walking the Grove. Lots of things to chose from on the menu. Portions are average. Service was very good. Food came out in timely manner as we were on a schedule. Good for a quick bite.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Delightful Mediterranean Cuisine and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

After a morning of exploring Farmers Market and the nearby Grove shopping area, we decided to lunch at Ulysses Voyage at Farmers Market. It was a beautiful Southern California day, warm but not too hot, so we opted to dine in the outdoor patio. The helpful hostess showed us to our table, and our head server, Diana, was there immediately with menus and taking drink orders.

We opted to share an appetizer platter and ordered the three item sampler, consisting of pita wedges and perfect-sized bowls of Mediterranean/Greek dips. We selected hummus, eggplant and spicy feta cheese, although there were several others to choose from. All three were perfect in consistency, spicing and taste--a truly yummy way to start the meal.

Our entrees ranged from Greek salad, to pasta to seafood dishes. I chose the mussels prepared in a creamy white wine sauce. The mussels were fresh and tender and the broth was out of this world. Everyone's entrees were stellar. We switched dishes for comparison purposes, and I can accurately say that all were delicious. With it's extensive menu, Ulysses seems to have struck a good balance between traditional Greek dishes and other Mediterranean-style foods.

Adding to the excellent food quality was the great service. Our server Diana and her crew never let our water glasses drop below half full, never allowed our bread basket to empty and made accommodations for everyone at the table without hesitation. She was pleasant, professional and attentive, but not in an intrusive way. If anyone wants to see a benchmark of how to properly serve a table, they should watch this young lady in action.

Ulysses Voyage showed us great food and excellent service in a relaxing, tastefully decorated Mediterranean environment. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles CA
“A little taste of Greece right in the middle of LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently and were greeted by Petros who was also our waiter. We had a delicious meal that reminded both of us of our trip to Greece. The cafe like atmosphere and the steady stream of people strolling by made it very appealing. We both had sampler plattrers with Lamb gyro meat, Spanikopita, Tsatsiki and dolamades, all of it fresh and smartly presented. It should also be mentioned that we were unhurried and didn't feel rushed at all. We look forward to coming back soon!

Opa!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Gyro this side of the Plaka”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My last meal before leaving LA was at Ulysses Voyage. What an experience! Being that I've spent many a holiday in Greece, I love my gyro & you can't beat a gyro at the Plaka in Athens. Well I consider the one I had at Ulysses Voyage better then the standard that I've had at the Plaka. The price certainly varies between Ulysses Voyage & Plaka,Athens but I felt it was worth it! Don't come here for cheap lunch but do come for authentic good food, good servings. Efharisto para poli.

• Visited November 2012