“Great food,fast service ,fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Compadre

El Compadre
7408 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (Hollywood)
(323) 874-7924
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Compadre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 8,660 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hollywood
San Francisco, California
“Great food,fast service ,fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

When my friend I got to El Compadre it was Friday night and it was very busy, we were seated within 2 minutes. After ordering both of our dinners- while we ate our appetizers, fresh chips and salsa- within in 8 minutes our dinners were at our table. We went there because we like the food and I keep going back visit after visit when I am in West Hollywood. The food is great, the service is very fast and the prices are good - all in a fun atmosphere and a Mariachi band plays live- no cover charge for the music. I have been eating here for years- my experience is always much like this visit. I have had the fish tacos, chicken enchiladas and the beef quesadilla - all are very good- the enchiladas come with rice and beans. Looking forward to my husband trying El Compadre with me next time we are in West Hollywood.

• Visited November 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Honestly, the best thing about this place was the atmosphere. I was not impressed by the food. Maybe it was what I ordered. I got two tacos: chicken and and beef, re-fried pinto beans and rice. None of the aforementioned were particularly tasteful. I also ordered a mango and strawberry frozen margarita. That too failed my taste test.
Guess I need to find a new Mexican spot in L.A. I could've passed on this experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel host as we felt like Mexican. valet parking in the back. Easy and $5 ain't bad. The restaurant's atmosphere was wonderful with mariachi band playing and comfortable booths. The server was great and food was amazing. The guacamole was amazing with fresh warm chips and spicy fresh salsa. The chimichanga was fried perfectly with great nicely cubed chicken with lots of flavor. Best one I've ever had. Price was very good and service was very fast. Can't wait to go back.

Las Vegas, NV
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We tried the El Compadre located at 1449 West Sunset Blvd based on the recommendation of the hotel staff where we were staying. My wife and I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere but my grand daughter was not as impressed. This is a great place to go for couples.

• Visited December 2012
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Awesome Salsa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great time here - VERY friendly staff, fantastic chips & salsa, and tasty authentic Mexican food. Very easy and convenient valet parking in back of restaurant ($5). Nice atmosphere reminiscent of 1970's - cozy and comfortable booths.

• Visited December 2012