“It's Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Compadre

El Compadre
7408 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (Hollywood)
(323) 874-7924
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Compadre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 8,891 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Honestly, the best thing about this place was the atmosphere. I was not impressed by the food. Maybe it was what I ordered. I got two tacos: chicken and and beef, re-fried pinto beans and rice. None of the aforementioned were particularly tasteful. I also ordered a mango and strawberry frozen margarita. That too failed my taste test.
Guess I need to find a new Mexican spot in L.A. I could've passed on this experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

North Vancouver, Canada
“Great Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel host as we felt like Mexican. valet parking in the back. Easy and $5 ain't bad. The restaurant's atmosphere was wonderful with mariachi band playing and comfortable booths. The server was great and food was amazing. The guacamole was amazing with fresh warm chips and spicy fresh salsa. The chimichanga was fried perfectly with great nicely cubed chicken with lots of flavor. Best one I've ever had. Price was very good and service was very fast. Can't wait to go back.

Las Vegas, NV
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We tried the El Compadre located at 1449 West Sunset Blvd based on the recommendation of the hotel staff where we were staying. My wife and I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere but my grand daughter was not as impressed. This is a great place to go for couples.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Awesome Salsa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great time here - VERY friendly staff, fantastic chips & salsa, and tasty authentic Mexican food. Very easy and convenient valet parking in back of restaurant ($5). Nice atmosphere reminiscent of 1970's - cozy and comfortable booths.

Chicago
“An ABSOLUTE while in LA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Oh my goodness, this place is fantastic. We loved it so much that we visited 2 days in a row. They are famous for their flaming margaritas! Stars frequent this location as well.

The prices are fairly reasonable but be careful, they charge for EVERYTHING! We asked for Guacamole (which is the best I have ever had) and it was $8! Sour cream for your tacos/fajitas was $1.50 for a small side! Just be sure to ask before ordering!

Their fajitas are the best I've ever had, a must try! Again the Guacamole, although expensive, you MUST get this as well!
Margaritas are nothing special just a flaming orange on the top.

The place is pretty small but does offer parking in the back. Be sure to make a reservation (if they accept) or get there early!

Overall, it is my favorite restaurant in L.A.!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere