“huge portions!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Griddle Cafe

The Griddle Cafe
7916 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046-3304 (Hollywood)
(323) 874-0377
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Hollywood
“huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great pancakes. My boyfriend ordered hear me roar which is a stack of 3 pancakes which are probably 10 inches in width/length could feed 4 people. French toast was okay..would go again for pancakes

Visited January 2013

89% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Eat breakfast here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in LA for a couple days in March, I asked my friend where were we gonna stop for breakfast. This was my first time in LA, and he had been a few times before. He told me not to worry about it. He took us to the Griddle. I'm pretty sure I have the smartest friend alive.

It was a very crowded and I think there's only a foot between tables, so it did make having a conversation a bit awkward. But now I can see why their so busy. The waitress was very friendly and the food was amazing.

I got their "Poached Y Papas" Benedict, which was giant pile of ham, eggs, and potatoes. Covered in hollandaise sauce. The food is a little pricy, but the amount and quality your getting makes it feel like a deal. I tired a couple bites of my friends pancakes, I can understand why that's what their most known for. We had to eat a late lunch because we were so full. So if your ever looking for a good place to eat breakfast in West Hollywood, stop here. I know I'm going to next time I'm in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Worth the hype”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had breakfast at the Griddle early morning on a thursday. Upon arrival the host wrote our name down and within 25mins we were seated.

We both started with a mocha topped with whipped cream. My fiancé had the Chicago Charlie's Scramble AND Mom's French Toast. I had the Red Velvet Pancake with a side of bacon and sausages. We loved the food; it was authentic and hearty. The bacon slices were chunky and chewy. The sausages were crispy and brown on the outside and soft on the inside. I had a bite of the french toast and it was delicious. My pancake was dense and full of flavour. I kept side eyeing the people with the Oreo stacked pancakes which looked very tasty. Ah I know what i'm having next time.

We're ogres and obviously finished our plates. No need for doggie bags!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Nobody can eat that much!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I really don't understand the portions they serve at this place. Nobody can eat that much. I guess a lot of food go to waste. We didn't know about this and each of us asked for pancakes... With just one dish would have been enough for the four of us. I think that the waiter should have warned us that the food we asked for was enough to feed a football team!

Other than that, they have a long list of pancakes with all sorts of toppings. They are very good. The coffee is also very good, you get a French press coffee maker at your table.

The place is not that nice. Looks like an old dinner. It looks that it's always busy and I am not sure they take reservations.

In sum, I liked the food. I could go again. However, I would have to go with two or three other people with more or less the same taste so we can share one dish.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“still dreaming of those pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Seriously. Don't go anywhere else for breakfast. Also, split your meal. I split my pancakes and bacon with my mother, and we both only ate about 1/2 (combined). Get there early, park in the spots behind the Rite Aid, and you won't have any problem with a wait. We got in and got out easily. Great atmosphere, and the french press coffee was amazing. I will definitely go back next time I'm in L.A. Fast service, extensive menu of creative offerings, and amazing food.

• Visited November 2012