“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A.O.C.

A.O.C.
8700 West 3rd. Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048-4307 (Central L.A)
310-859-9859
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A.O.C. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 8,555 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: George Burns Drive
Transit: The MTA bus stop at Fairfax and Third Street is the closest public transit stop.
Description: We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.
Los Angeles, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had reservations here for a Mon night. It got really busy after 7PM so it appears you should have reservations no matter what day it is just in case. We ordered pretty much what everybody else recommended including the squid ink risotto, bacon wrapped dates, grilled whole sea bream, brioche and spanish fried chicken. I also got the green goddess cocktail which was to die for. Anyways, everything was really good except I didn't like the grilled whole sea bream too much. I didn't think it was that spectacular. It comes out whole with the bones and everything but if you ask the waiter to de-bone it, they'll take it back and de-bone it and bring it back to your table. However, some part of the fish still had bones in it. But other than that, it was just fish to me. Nothing spectacular. But the rest of the food was amazing!

• Visited December 2013

84% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Outstanding fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I don't know why AOC HASN't been reviewed by more tripadvisor members, but I'm now going to let the secret out.
AOC is exactly the sort of restaurant I would want in my neighbourhood. Plates are designed to be shared & there is a very heavy focus on salads & vegetables. But if you think this means bland & light food, thing again. Every dish I've eaten on my visits to AOC have been taste bombs of flavour. I could eat with Romaine salad with buttermilk & green Harissa every day for a week & not be sick of it. The grilled whole sea bass I ate tonight was possibly the best simple dish of whole fish I've eaten anywhere. Perfectly seasoned, flavoured by the wood fire, crunchy skin, simply delicious. We also had curried roasted cauliflower, incredible and cavalo Nero, surprisingly rich. It all might sound light & healthy, but I left the restaurant full to the brim.
The ambience is buzzy & possibly too noisy. There is a large & lovely outdoor patio, with plenty of outdoor heaters for winter.
My only concern is the level of noise inside. The two of us could hear each other speak, but a larger group might struggle.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Superb service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The quality of produce honors the restaurant name: delicious prosciutto, cheeses, wines... Accent is on Italian rather than on French food, so don't be misled

Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome and beyond all Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter, baby grandson, our friend Marsha and I dined here last week, and although by reputation I had heard amazing things about this restaurant, I was still blown away with everything from décor to menu to staff and the outdoor garden, whilst all feeling real, and right in the heart (well almost) of Beverly Hills. We had a beautiful lunch and the other diners ranged from medics in their scrubs I gather from nearby Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre to a very famous Oscar winning actress who I wont name because most decent people strongly believe in privacy of others. The attention of the staff was as one would expect (unobtrusive yet one step ahead of your needs). We shared a booth and a platter to start then salads and sandwiches. That's what we felt like but there are plenty of choices for fine dining as well. It has a wide open bar area and an excellent wine list. If it hadn't been so hot for baby we would have sat outside in the courtyard-garden. I thought value for money was surprising given the style and sophistication of A.O.C. - it was very reasonable. Would highly recommend to those looking for a classy yet casual lunch experience. Aren't I the lucky one to have this in my memory!

• Visited October 2013
Alta Loma
“Wine, Food & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Discovered this little gem by accident. I could see it from my father's hospital room at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and loved seeing the beautiful fuchsia Bugambilia every day. We had family visiting from Shanghai with a stop over in L.A. on their way to Buenos Aires. The restaurant was walking distance but valet parking curbside is available if you drive. We were a party of four and asked to sit in the beautiful patio and were fortunate enough to be seated right in front of the outdoor fireplace. The wine list was a nice surprise and found several excellent choices. The service was excellent. I was too tired to go over the menu so I asked the waiter choose for us and bring variety of "tapas" we could all share. We were not disappointed!!!! It would be impossible to say which dish we liked better but there were no left over. It was a wonderful evening well worth the value.

• Visited September 2013