“Great dining experience!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gaby's Mediterranean
10445 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034-6410 (Westside)
310-559-1808
Neighborhood: Westside
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I just got home from my dinner at Gaby's.  It was my first time there and I almost didn't go due to some negative reviews, but decided to take a chance since I was dying for Mediterranean food.  There wasn't one thing I could complain about.  The service was great, the atmosphere on the patio was perfect on this warm night, and the food was exceptional!!!!  Do not miss the Cod A La Mediterranee!  Such a pleasant experience all around.  Joseph greeted us at the door to seat us and made sure we were pleased with everything the whole evening.  Honestly, one of the better dining experiences I've had in LA.   Don't drink the bad review kool-aid.  This place is great and deserves your business.  P.s.  great pricing, bring your own wine, no corkage and hooka if ya want it!  What's not to love!?

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“A reasonable, delicious and fresh choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've been to three different locations and all of them have been wonderful! I go to the one on Washington the most, because it's handy to where I live. I've never been disappointed with the food at Gaby's, nor the service. The food comes fresh, fast and hot. I'm not a big fan of their tabouli; they use too much salt and oil, but the rest of their salads are top notch. Go for any of the schwarma and choose the hummus over the baba ganoush...for some reason, restaurants in California have a really hard time making good baba!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Our favorite 'go-to' local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have loved Gaby's since the original location on Venice and Motor first opened (9 yrs ago?). Even though it was a bit inconsistent from 2008-2010, we kept going and it has been FANTASTIC ever since!
The food is terrific at Gaby's, the vegetarian dishes can fill up the biggest appetite and the meat dishes POP with so much flavor your mouth will thank you! Top that with their AMAZING garlic sauce and it is heaven!
Another reason we love Gaby's is that it is SO reasonably priced AND we can bring our own wine, with no corkage. So on a Friday night out with friends, appetizers, entrees and wine comes to about $20pp and that includes a very generous tip, because the waitstaff ABSOLUTELY rocks! We are especially fond of Graziella's beautiful smile and fun energy...it makes the night SO fun!
If it is hookah you seek, enjoy this on the patio....if you are sensitive to hookah, you might prefer to sit inside.
We all have our favorite dishes: Hummos, Venitian Lamb salad, Leons Chicken Salad, Lemon Chicken, Lamb Kabob plate and Kabob combo.
We do takeout alot from Gaby's...they are always spot-on with our order and it comes piping hot and just as fresh as if you were to eat it in the restuarant.
When family from out of town comes to visit, Gaby's is usually first on their list.
I wish they would still fry (in lieu of sautee) the onions that top the moujadara (lentils)...the fried onions made this vegetarian dish taste like an in and out burger :) hint...hint...
Ladies, if you chill easily, bring a sweater on cooler evenings.
For the night owls, I understand that Gaby's stays open till the wee hours of the evening with music, etc..
Another awesome element of Gaby's is Gaby himself. He is often seen walking around the restaurant saying hello, asking how your meal was, sharing warm smiles. There are now 5 restaurants in W. LA, but Gaby still manages to give that 'personal touch'.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Australia
“Great food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Service was great - very close to Venice beach. Enjoyed the Falafel.

Visited June 2012
“Consistently Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Family live a few walking blocks away. Called for carry-out. Order was ready in 10 minutes. Food was fresh, hot, and staff were friendly. We always get the pita sandwiches (chicken or beef shwarma or falafel) with either fries, Greek salad, or rice. Always delicious. You can split a pita sandwich and fries if you are only moderately hungry. I keep going back.

• Visited April 2012