“Pann's For Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Pann's For Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Pann's does amazing breakfasts! That's why there may be a wee bit of a wait on weekend mornings but it is well worth it. Couple times I've been there a waitress has brought around fresh baked cookies for the customers. Great food, great service!! (unfortunately, contrary to popular belief Pulp Fiction was not filmed here)

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Apple pie”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just went here in march2013, and being a tourist from Australia we wanted to finish our dinner off with traditional apple pie. We ordered the high apple pie. And it was presented to us completely flat on a plate. It was like soup and mushy. We told the waitress it doesn't look high just mush on a plate, she said its fine and delicious . It was horrible, like it looked, and I don't understand how they gave it to us and not take it back. Made the whole night a bad experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fun, good food, inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a family favorite for breakfast. Comfortable informal dining, friendly and efficient staff, unique breakfasts. The signature dish is chicken wings (not spicy) served with waffles and eggs. It sounded awful to me, as I don't like fried foods, but in fact, the chicken was excellent!

Visited March 2013
Ventura, California
“My last meal in Inglewood/Westchester before I moved to Santa Barbara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I grew up just up at 1428 La Tijera, across from the then grammar school, before Pann's was built. As soon as it opened, I got my folks to take me, at age 12, to eat there. From the first, we were all impressed. In July 1959, we moved to Santa Barbara, but when I back in the neighborhood, I would try to eat there. Now I'm 66 and their quality, from the same operating family, hasn't slackened in 55 years. Please leave room for me, if I'm in the neighborhood, because I plan to populate one of their booths.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Solid food, good service, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Used to live in Westchester and frequented Pann's (like at least twice a week - still dream about their enchiladas, an occasional special). Now, whenever I'm travelling to Los Angeles (or even through as it's really close to the airport), I make a point of stopping in for the best onion rings, fried chicken and staple diner food you can get anywhere. Solid comfort cooking at its best. Family owned with some long-time staff, Pann's hasn't changed much in the 25 years I've been going there which says a lot to the good (last time I was there, my favourite waitress was still there, clocking in almost 20 years!). Also, fun for a Hollywood moment - quite a number of films have been shot there because of the classic diner vibe. Next time you watch Erin Brockovich, Pulp Fiction or Bewitched, pay attention to the diner in the background!

(Side note: You may luck into a celebrity sighting. La Cienega Blvd leads into Beverly Hills - it's the road anyone living in that area will take pretty much to and from the airport. They come here because it's low-key, not Hollywood. They can get good food and time with their families without cameras on them. I've seen a few there and not a single one was approached by fans or treated differently by the staff - i.e., just as well as the rest of us.)

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pann's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pann's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.