“Best Deli in Town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
19565 Parthenia St, Los Angeles, CA 91324-3406 (South San Fernando Valley)
818 886 5679
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 8,553 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Description: Founded in 1967, Brent's Deli (with locations in Northridge and Westlake Village) has been the ZAGAT-rated # 1 Delicatessen & Restaurant for 17 years. Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California (literally) and catering for 20 or 2,000.
Granada Hills, CA
“Best Deli in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been there a number of times, the most recent of which was last night. The food is always excellent, and the service is really good. Last night I asked for extra lean pastrami, and I got the leanest pastrami I have ever had. And it was so tasty. This is certainly the best deli in the San Fernando Valley, if not in all of Los Angeles.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hey Andy,

My name is Josh -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager at Brent's Deli.

Thanks for the great review -- I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our lean pastrami!

Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am in love with the hot pastrami and I love the Stuffed Cabbage. The bread was very tasty too, The service was fast and friendly. I have been there many times, can’t stop my self going there, because the food was very delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hey Megan,

My name is Josh -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager at Brent's Deli.

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoy our hot pastrami and stuffed cabbage -- they're two of our most popular dishes!

We hope to see you again soon!

Bend, Oregon
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Brent's is by far the best deli in the San Fernando Valley. Whenever I travel to Los Angeles, I always have a pastrami sandwich there. As good as it was 15 years ago. Yummy. Quick, friendly and fast service. The pickles are to die for. Can't wait to go back again. Thank you Brent's!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hi, my name is Josh -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager at Brent's Deli.

Thanks so much for your great review! We pride ourselves on providing great food and great service, and I'm glad to hear you experienced both.

Castaic, California
“My favorite deli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been to brents many times. Great ham and cheese omelets. Perfect Monte Cristo sandwich and that's hard to find. Huge deli sized portions. Not too many good delis left. This one is worth the drive. Crowded and noisy but that is normal for a busy deli! Go at off times to get seated right away. The waitresses are friendly and welcoming. Don't listen to the negative reviews. This is a gem. Kids happy. Husband happy. Coming back to Brents!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Thanks so much for your great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Ham and Cheese Omelette, as well as the Monte Cristo Sandwich -- they're two of our more popular dishes!

Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!

Santa Barbara
“a feast with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We met a colleague at Brent's. First time. The pix on their website actually reflect what they serve! Pastrami festival with a mountainous black pastrami ruben, crisp curly fries and slaw; a sky high on great rye; and for out IT guy, a juicy burger, plain. Did talk him into sharing mini-blintzes for desert, and that was a big hit. Service was attentive, friendly, fun. Looks like a hang-out for lots of regulars but also welcoming to newcomers like us. The delivery truck was busy, too. It's well worth finding Brent's, and we can't wait to dig deeper into the extensive menu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your first visit with us!

(Great job talking your colleague into the sharing the blintzes -- they're one of my personal favorites!)

Hope to see you again soon!