“It was more hype than substance” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Pan

Apple Pan
10801 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064-2105 (Westside)
310-475-3585
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #235 of 8,659 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hamburgers
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Westside
Hawaii
“It was more hype than substance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Thought I would try it was I heard it was one of Walt disneys favorites

The burger was good and the apple pie was good but I guess the hype was more than substance for me

I guess I expected more

Great service but a little on the pricey side $7.50 burger and $7 pie slice

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“The best burger in Los Angeles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The first time I ate at Apple Pan, I thought I must be really hungry because I swallowed the burger. The Hickory Burger was soooo good! So, I had to try it again. The next time, I was licking my fingers in publlic. So, it's official, Apple Pan has the best burger in L.A.! You really need to treat yourself to the Hickory Burger, Fries and a Soda. The wait can be long sometimes but even the wait is a part of the experience. While you're waiting, the anticipation builds so much that you enjoy your food even more by the time you sit down. I think I need some Apple Pan in my life today!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Greasy Cafe, AWESOME food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Super small restaurant with countertop seating. Fantastic food, highly recommend ending meal with a slice of banana cream pie.
downside: everything is paper and plastic, no reusable plates, silver, or glassware.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Hickory Burger= Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I have been going to Apple Pan my entire life.. mind you, we live in San Diego. Occasionally, we'll go to LA just to dine at the amazing Apple Pan. One thing is for sure.. This the best burger I have ever tasted. I've been to New York and other burger joints around the world, but none beat the fresh quality burger Apple Pan has to offer. "But Wait! There's More!" The pies are a must! My favorite is the Banana Cream Pie. The employees there are all very nice and polite and have practically been working there their whole lives! Genuine Quality, Fresh Taste, Old Westwood feel... this is a wonderful taste of LA.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
north carolina
“Burger Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Truly a throwback to a time when quality and consistency mattered. Burgers are made from choice beef, buns are perfect and grill toasted just right, crispy iceberg lettuce, condiments exceptionally balanced - all tight wrapped in paper so it sits open faced and is presented on its side. Try the Hickory Burger with cheese. Burger perfection. Don't take my word for it - this establishment was number1 in the heralded book Burger America. After your burger, you MUST have a slice of pie. All are good, some are great. Of the latter: boysenberry, bananna cream, and good old apple are high on the list.

• Visited February 2013