“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chaya Brasserie

Chaya Brasserie
8741 Alden Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90001 (Central L.A)
310-859-8833
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chaya Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 8,644 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cross street: Robertson Blvd
Malibu, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have long been a fan of this wonderful California Japanese fusion restaurant. The menu has many interesting dishes with unexpected flavors and combinations The service is excellent, with a very attentive wait staff. I have dined here with a large group, couple and solo- and at all times the service was good. The Sushi is delicious- but equally delicious are their pasta dishes (The Kobe beef Pappardelle is fabulous). All their salads are beautifully presented and delicious.Try their lemonades (I love the Prickly Pear) and leave some room for their desserts.
Bon Appetit

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, NY
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a lovely dinner, price was reasonable. Staff was extremely attentive. The concierge at the Omni Hotel called to make our reservation, so the chef sent a special appetizer to our table...nice touch

Visited September 2013
Canton, Michigan
“Always the safe bet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Awesome everything, every time! Exceptional menu, food preparation, fabulous service. Love the place!!

Visited June 2013
Los Angeles
“My new favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Chaya is my new favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, It used to be Campanile, but since it is gone I have to change my allegience. How to decide. Well, there these are the factors. 1. We could actually talk to each other. 2. The food was delicious, beautifully presented. 3. They have a "no corkage fee" on Sunday nights. 4.Beware, the portions are large, though I see some other reviewer don't think do, so go for sharing. I guess it depends on the size of your eyes (and appetite).
We ate two appetizers. Mussels, made with garlic, lemon and some secret just ever so slightly spicy ingredient, were the best I've eaten since Nova Scotia. The second starter was Beijing duck.Several slices of perfectly cooked duck breast over a little salad and a tiny bit of mango and then as a contrast a single crispy duck spring roll. Main course was the grilled branzino. Again, having eaten branzino all over LA and often on several continents, this was the best. Crisp skin with the fish just cooked to the right texture, add the slightest taste of fennel, garnish with some string beans; I sighed happily. Unfortunately all this left no room for dessert.

This restaurant has been in LA for 30 years and I'd never eaten there before. Shame on me.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Great food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had never heard of Chaya but literally ran across it when I was out for a morning jog while staying nearby at the SLS Hotel. The decor of the restaurant and the dinner menu were so appealing that I called that day to make a reservation!
Our meal at Chaya was awesome! The menu has an Asian Fusion flair with a wide selection of salads, sushi, pasta, fish and beef dishes. There's also an attractive bar that serves great cocktails. The interior is similar to a French Brasserie but with a relaxed Caribbean vibe.
Our server was very friendly and efficient.
Although our meal wasn't cheap, it also wasn't overpriced for the area. We had a wonderful dinner and I would definitely go back when next in LA.

• Visited June 2013