“Nice Vibe, Upbeat Staff, Yummy Dishes” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th Street
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Vibe, Upbeat Staff, Yummy Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Well, as a vegan gourmet and raw food chef, I am always seeking out the very best organic restaurants... Cafe Gratitude has been in my top five, because of the wonderful fusion of cooked and raw menu that they have figured out. The Venice Beach cafe has great indoors space with a bar and a long community table, so if you are on your own and feel like socialising, it will accommodate you great.
My favorite dishes now are the seasonal specials, as newly pregnant, I am very hard to please because of my constant nausea, but the risotto, the simple asparagus and heirloom potato dish did it for me. I like the delicious sauces that you can add, as well the fact that they always put fresh greens on cooked dishes. It makes sense and your digestion is going to be excellent.
5 Stars for naming dishes 'I am so and so' and for the superb menu and combinations of foods. The flavours are awesome.
I also always take the chaga drink and love the Kombucha.
Service is fab, no mistakes with our foods ever and we eat there at least once a month even though it is quite arrive away.
Absolutely love and highly recommend Cafe Lovitude!! If your attitude is Gratitude, you found the right place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Purplefish
“Awesome food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had a beautiful asparagus salad to start with crisp white wine. Will not forget that experience. The pairing was awesome and the food was perfect. Everything about the meal was fun from our waiter to the star sightings.

Los Angeles, California
“Going Gourmet Vegan!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We walked in now knowing what to expect as we are not Vegan;heck we're not even vegetarian, but we like good food. Immediately, the decor was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't hippie dippie but a well designed restaurant with great aesthetics. They have an extensive menu from which you can order by saying what you are versus what you want. e.g a juice called "Radiant" You would say "I am radiant" vs. I would like a radiant juice" Well we got one wrong dish using that method so next time I will be ordering the regular way! The first dish was amazing- Vegan Tacos, followed by an equally amazing Caesar salad. The third dish, which was the missed order, was OK, but by that time we were getting full. All in all the entire experience was really good and I will definitely be going back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My friends brought me here for a post surf brunch on a Sunday. The hardest part about the visit was trying to figure out what to order. I had golden which is a turmeric almond milk latte. Amazing. The first sip took some getting used to but I loved the earthiness and subtlety. Then I got peace, the open-faced bagel sandwich. It blew my mind. Just a delicious balance of all the flavours. Fresh, light and satisfying.

I bought a scone and a piece of banana bread to go so I could share with the friend I was visiting and they were also delicious. He was leery because of the vegan label but really enjoy it. You have to get the banana bread!!

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Inspired Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

When told we were going to "Cafe Gratitude", these midwesterners gave a groan of "That's SO L-A..." -- and then we had our socks knocked off. From the first "LOVE" t-shirt to the menus and the gracious service, you are brought into a world of genuine thoughtfulness, topped off by some amazing vegan cuisine. There are gentle reminders of the restaurant's mission (read the bottom of your bowl!), starting with the moment your dish is delivered: "you're bountiful...you're inspired...you're liberated..." Overall a great concept that nails it on execution. Plus an awesome wine list.

Visited June 2014