“Get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #259 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Minooka
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Was there for anime expo july 3-6.. Alright walking distance to the convention center, just have to walk through a GHETTO.. The room is nice, hallways in carpet date back to 1940 though.. The owners/elderly couple there are real rude, watched me like a hawk, not to through cigarette butts on ground, not to drank to much water (they even didnt replace the disposable cups!) They got no water fountains, so by the water cooler, they got a coffee machine which they watched you as well... They made me and the rest of my group feel real uncomfortable... We tried avoiding them most times.. Stay at the ramada inn accross from them much nice people/hotel..

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Queen Creek, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The cost was very reasonable. I compared a lot of hotels in the area. I was on a limited budget and this came in right on target. The rooms were modern, clean, and accommodating. As you may see in other reviews the parking situation somewhat sucks. The hotel doesn't advertise parking because they have 5 spaces and they are first come first serve. Just don't bet on it. But the rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. I read reviews about the lady at the front being rude. I thought I would take my chances. She was not rude at all. I think that the people who found her as rude either came with a bad attitude or caught her on a bad day & I caught her on a good couple of days. I do have to warn you though... They charge an extra $100 deposit that they refund if there is no issues with your room (issues=damages to). Although the location doesn't look like the absolute best environment, it was close to great attractions near downtown and I didn't feel unsafe; even after finding parking on Olympic Blvd near midnight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

First of all, upon booking, the hotel does not make it known that they charge an extra $100 for deposit so be wary of that. There is NO PARKING! PARKING SUCKS, they expect u to park along the streets and u must pay the meter to park.The rooms are so very dusty! Dust everywhere! Allergies sufferer will truly suffer. Leave a cup of water on the night stand for one night and you will literally see major dust in your cup. Our first morning we were awaken by sounds and rattling of what we thought was the next room having loud sex but actually we had the unfortunate luck of having a room right above the laundry mat, so we end up being awaken early every morning to the sound of washing machines shaking and rattling. The older lady/owner is so very RUDE. They have free cappuccino for guests but she watches you to make sure you only get no more than one cup! She watches our every move and even comes to the car to see how many people were with us. I suggest staying at the Ramada right across the street.

• Stayed May 2014
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I tried to talk to the owner regarding the safety of our stay when he became irate. I explained I did not feel it was safe coming through the back side door at night for a single mom and daughter. He told me it was safe, while talking to me through a 5' bullet proof glass and had a iron security door entrance. The front entrance is locked at night, the only entrance is a back side door along a 8ft wall and the solid building. We had a non-smoking room with cigarettes holes in the blankets. The owner would not let me cancel the second night. I felt it was best to leave and book another room for the rest of my stay. A $200.00 dollar loss, plus the $340.00 for the additional room, never again.....

Room Tip: No good rooms, stay elsewhere!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com we arrived at the property to go to the Staples Center, all the buildings around this hotel had bars on the windows. the front glass has a glass wall. I was not comfortable in this neighbourhood. I went to the hotel and told them we didn't want to stay there I was told we would not be charged, we were charged, I never saw the rooms, but I would give this property a negative rating. Just having a glass wall at the front desk makes me think that they are fearful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed a few nights with family as went to an NBA game. The neighbourhood wasn't too good at night, but if you were keen a number of food places i.e McDonald's, Thai, Pizza are very close and easily within walking distance . The room was small but clean and the bathroom was fine. There was a huge watermark stain on the ceiling - a map of LA maybe. No safe in the room. The wire security grille at reception told a lot, but they are trying to upgrade the place as they were repainting the exterior, maybe the hallway carpet could be next as it was from the 1950's. Best aspect - cheap.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for one week in October and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are really spacious and clean and we could not fault them at all. The location is great for Downtown LA - a short bus takes you down to the area near Staples Centre and the metro is only about 10-15 mins walk away. A great location, good value hotel and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Staples Center Inn? Share your experiences!