“Innovative, locavore cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 8,558 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: On all the hot new restaurant lists in LA. Desparately want to review this place to help people who are headed there. Locivore, contemporary California.
New York City, New York
“Innovative, locavore cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Tried this at the suggestion of other Tripadvisor reviewers. It was excellent. The stuffed fried zucchini blossoms were heaven. We followed it with striped bass and duck breast entrees. Great presentation. Wonderful assortment of unusual wines to try. We had a blueberry linzer tart that has no comparison elsewhere. Service was professional and always available. In town for only 4 days. Why didn't we go again?

• Visited June 2013

94% Recommend
Los Angeles
“Our Kitchen Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Cook's County is our "go to" place when we want a great selection of very well prepared, creative "farm to table" food. Lunch, dinner or even the brunch on the weekend, this place offers one of the simply tastiest menus in the city, and all at a really good price point.

Chef Daniel continues to create fresh, bright and creative dishes that seem so simple in the preparation and yet they are all so complex. I've had his simple green salad and I still can't figure out how something so basic tastes so good.

I don't eat trout in restaurants; I DO eat trout when it's on the menu at Cook's County. Prepared on the grill, yet again it's simple and you just can't duplicate it at home. Delicious.

Everything on the menu (and, yes....I've had it all except the new dishes that are likely being planned and/or added "today,") is wonderful. Some people may be put off at a charge for bread. Secret: Order it and asked for it well grilled. It's a delight in and of itself!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“Fresh food with fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Last week came here for a little business trip and deiced to hit to a local restaurant. I have heard a lot about Cooks County from couple of local friends, so I called them and came here.

I was impressed with the decoration and the atmosphere was really enjoyable. My friends recommended fish sandwich So i ordered fish sandwich.

It took 10 min to serve 4 sandwich, I was impressed with the speed of the service.

The fish was well cooked and most importantly it was fresh and I can feel the fresh taste with every bite. I even packed 2 fish sandwich for my way back.
I will surely come again.

Great!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
los angeles, ca
“COOKS COUNTY CAPTURES A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We’ve heard so much about Cooks County – so at the last minute, we joined some friends for dinner at this very trendy place. Everything about our meal was ‘over the top’ – well-prepared (as if we were the only ones the chef’s were cooking for); unique (avocado toast, spretzel, salted radishes as ‘snacks’ – one criticism, the snacks were quite pricy for the minuscule amount of food) tasty, fresh and distinctive (short ribs, halibut, striped bass and the pork chop) all prepared in a different and one-of-a kind approach. The deserts included something unlike what we had ever had from Strawberry Flummery, Rhubarb Roly Poly and a Caramel Coconut Bar. Our server knew her wines, and exhibited exceptional, and non-intrusive service for this culinary experience. We were never rushed, even though there was a line out front for people clamoring to get in. Cooks County was a wonderful (but expensive) night out. On the scale “A” to “F” – a “B+” for the entire meal and service.

• Visited April 2013
West Hollywood, California
“Great food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The menu is always fresh and seasonal, with local, organic produce. There is a large array of wine available by the glass and the staff is always helpful in making choices. The menu always changes but in the past I have loved their seafood soup, a salad with sugar snap peas and a savory pancake from from chick pea flower. The desserts are quite good as well. Monday night features a pre fixe "home cooked" meal in addition to the regular menu. The brunch is one of the best in town with a menu that is balanced between breakfast and lunch items. The cinnamon sticky bun is an absolute indulgence.

• Visited March 2013