“The best coffee I have even seen.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 8,658 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
San Francisco, California
“The best coffee I have even seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This people know about coffee. They give the option to choose what coffee blend you want and then they make it with precision nobody else does. The bartender weights every single portion to make sure is the right amount of coffee. The coffee is served in a nice wooden tray and the ambiance and decoration of the place is very nice. The place is decorated with siphons that brew coffees and tea to perfection. Visit the place to understand what is coffee and believe me you will never enter a Starbucks again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Coffee I only dreamt of and never thought I'd find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was visiting my favorite Japanese bookstore in Little Tokyo, Kinokuniya. I had a few minutes afterwards to grab a coffee and the helpful staff at that bookstore recommended Demitasse, across the street. I walked into a small, charming coffee bar full of Kyoto-style, siphoned coffees brewing on the bar.

I didn't know that much about siphoned coffees and had a lovely conversation with the brewer there. I told him it was my birthday and I wanted to try something special and this seemed just the place. He said "Oh, just wait!" They had a selection of coffee beans in glass jars to smell in order to help their customers choose. He recommended an Ethiopian bean that smelled very fruity, he called it "dark Blueberry." I agreed it smelled divine. Too bad I didn't have the time to sit at that charming corner shop and drink it there, but had it "to go" instead.

The coffee was absolutely the best coffee I've ever had. It did have subtle blueberry notes and was so smooth. I never thought I could find coffee that would make me swoon - but Demitasse provided just such an experience. To me, it's worth a drive to Little Tokyo to partake of this fantastic coffee.

• Visited February 2012