“Great location, good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wilshire Crest Hotel

You added Wilshire Crest Hotel to your Saves list
Wilshire Crest Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6301 Orange Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #68 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Chula Vista, California
“Great location, good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here mid January to see a concert at the El Rey and to visit LACMA. The manager was helpful dealing with the lack of parking in the evening. They give you the option of parking at a bank across the street, and they move your car for you before it opens. We used this twice and were glad to not have to get up early and deal with it or the street cleaning schedule. We had a first floor room and should have requested a second floor as the floor above us was creaky and we had trouble sleeping. The folks above us arrived late and left early each day and we couldn't sleep through it. The nearby stairwell didn't help either. The room was not the cleanest or most comfortable I've been in, but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was the usual continental fair and the dining area was quite large. If we were to visit the area again, I'd probably look around for another option.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
El Cajon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Let me begin by staying I was not able to stay at the hotel. Unfortunately my child became very sick and I unexpectedly had to travel 2 hours back to San Diego. I called immediately upon hearing of my child's sudden illness and asked if the charge could be reversed. The manager told me that he has no control over the cancellation policy and that it was HotelGuides, the website I booked the room through, that would not make an exception. When I contacted HotelGuides they informed that this was not true and that they actually called the hotel to try to get Willshire Crest to make an exception in the case of a sick child. So the manager blatantly LIED to me. Plus he was rude over the phone. It says a lot about the credibility of a company when the manager lies and is unwilling to make an exception in these circumstances. It would have been nice if at least a partial reimbursement were offered. Very disappointing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tomasy35, Public Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Valued Potential Guest,
I appreciate your honestly in saying that you in fact "DID NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL." Believe me nobody intentionally lied to you, many reservations done through a third party can not be refunded. In any event, I am sorry to hear that your child got ill and hope that they are doing better. We do have a cancellation policy. In fact our policy is pretty lenient. I apologize that you felt you were not treated as you should have been but once you are within 24 hours of your arrival we no longer accept cancealltions unless we are able to sell the room for that night.

Thank you.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I have now stayed at the Wilshire Crest in LA three times! I have to say that they don't disappoint. Since our first visit they've treated us like family, and with our third visit, I slipped a few times when I said to my family "we have to stop at home before we go to...", home meaning the hotel...

The beds are super comfy, the linens soft, and the atmosphere really pleasant. The staff and management go out of their way to make the stay enjoyable.

The location is perfect; very central and with easy access to wherever you need to go.

Room Tip: We've taken the adjoining rooms every trip and have enjoyed being able to separate or join the f...
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a great eviw of out hotel. We always look forward to you and your family's visit here. I am so gald that after all these years your stay with us gets better and better. See you soon.

Thank you.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. We walked to the Farmer's Market several times, and it was centrally located so easy to get different places in LA (if you have a car). Not the fanciest of hotels, but a clean and well run family run place that offers an excellent value, especially with the breakfast. We will definitely come back here when we visit LA again next year.

Arlington, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I definitely wouldn't call this place elegant. It is in a perfect location. Parking is fairly easy. Rooms are minimalist,slightly dated, clean, spacious and a bit noisy. Breakfast is fairly good for a continental one. Shared area is nice. Staff is very nice. Fairly good value. I would return if I got the rooms 20 percent cheaper, as the area is perfect (you don't want to spend all day driving in LA).

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed 4 nights at the Wilshire Crest. Location worked well, it's on the Hop On, Hop off bus route, trips to downtown and Santa Monica weren't too bad, overall as good a location you can get in Los Angeles.
Bed was very good. Bathroom was ok, the shower controls were very difficult, and you either got very hot, very mild or cold, and not a lot in between. .
Loved the complimentary continental breakfast and wi-fi, some of the other LA hotels should take a page out of the Wilshire's playbook!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Friendly staff on arrival, nice large room - clean, comfortable & quiet. Basic breakfast - juices, tea, coffee, pastries, cereals but filled us up! Very good value for L.A. with free parking on the street. Good location in Hollywood / Beverley Hills

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wilshire Crest Hotel? Share your experiences!