“Great stay in L.A!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wilshire Crest Hotel

Save Saved
You added Wilshire Crest Hotel to your Saves list
Wilshire Crest Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6301 Orange Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #74 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great stay in L.A!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Friendly staff on arrival, nice large room - clean, comfortable & quiet. Basic breakfast - juices, tea, coffee, pastries, cereals but filled us up! Very good value for L.A. with free parking on the street. Good location in Hollywood / Beverley Hills

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Adorable, quaint hotel in the middle of LA. It's clean, nice neighborhood, free breakfast, and the most comfortable beds! The staff was very nice too. I would come back here every time I go back to LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located near The Grove and Beverly Hills. Parking on the street wasn't tough. I was routinely coming back at midnight and found a place to park two blocks away. Neighborhood was safe enough for that walk. It's a very late 1980's mom and pop feel to the place. Bed comfotable, room clean, but the places looks like it hasnt been updated since Reagan was president. Staff is pleasant enough. My only issues were noisy, amorous couple above me one night and that my room was right next to where the maid station is and they start up early. Bottomline I had a great deal and I'd do it again.

• Stayed November 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Wilshire Crest hotel on October 2012 and enjoyed it very much. The room was big, clean and cozy. The kosher breakfast was great. The guys in the front desk were very helpful and arranged for us free parking. Also the neighborhood was quiet and safe.
If any of my friends went to LA, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Pros: This is an older hotel that has many good things to offer. Rates are very reasonable, calculated on the price per person. You can get a sitting area and an extra sink/mirror if you read through the room descriptions on their website. The rooms are very clean, spacious and the staff are attentive. There is a nice continental breakfast, On Mondays and Tuesdays there is a no parking on one side of the street. The hotel manager and front desk person are trying to make sure their guests have not parked on the wrong side, there is a $50 fine. The hotel is in a great location (walking distance to Farmer's Market and Museums) and the fact there is free street parking are definite advantages.
Cons: However, in being an older hotel there are repairs that need to be attended to immediately. I brought these to their attention, but there was no move to make the repairs. Someone from maintenance came and saw the problem, the problem was not fixed. The wood veneer on the furniture is old and very warped. Our sink in the room had a broken hot water stem, their solution was to shut off the valve, only the cold water was working. The bathroom door did not fully close, the door frame was warped and did not fully close. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the bathroom door did not close. We had a significant amount of water coming in through the bathroom ceiling, reportedly from the guest above us not closing the shower curtain. When we looked above the door frame previous water damage was visible. Water leakage had happened before. When I reported this to the front desk person he did not offer to move us to another room. I had to ask and he did respond right away. Our second room had no warped wood and showed upgrades had been made.
Bottom Line: I hope the repairs can be made to bring all of the rooms up to the same standard. If they can, the hotel would be a true gem. I would be happy to return to this hotel on our next visit to LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is quieter, it seems that the rooms at the back are less noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you experienced so much that we have to offer including are location, and large rooms. You also mention how clean and how attentive our staff was to you. In terms of the maintenance issues you mention, Unfortunately, we did not have a room to swap you into because we were sold out. I would like to point out that our rooms have two sinks in the rooms. So even if one needed repair there was aways a second one for you to use. I am glad that the second room you were switched into suited you better. What I am most happy about is that despite your minor issues you would be happy to return to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Los Angeles.
Saugerties
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great place to stay in LA. Pleasant and helpful staff. Available all hours to help with any needs. Clean and comfortable rooms. Quiet neighborhood. Good variety of fresh foods for breakfast. Close to bus stop for easy travel to see the sights if you do not have a car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you greatly fortaking the time and writing such a great review of our hotel. It is clear that we made your stay in Los angeles a memorable one. I am happy to hear how attentive our staff was to you. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Los Angeles.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Cannot speak highly enough. The too s werespptless, really clean and i fact the maid service should be congratulated. Big rooms, great breakfast, awesome staff. Parking is on street but you get visitor pass. I will be recommending to everyone i know. Thank you tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Did not review pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wilshire Crest Hotel? Share your experiences!