“Dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

You added Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Bad carpet and room smelled bad. I would not stay here again. Nothing much to say anything about this property. Carpet is so bad. Not like other comfort inn. I do not know what else to say. But not nice place to stay with family.

• Stayed May 2013
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest:
I first want to thank you for your review, we take every guest experience as a constructive comment to try to improve in any field if needed in the future.
Hopefully this doesnt keep you from staying at any Comfort IInn in the near future.
Thank you again for your business.
Magaly Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice location close to Hollywood, Griffith park, Chinatown and few minutes drive to Universal Studio, friendly staff, clean room, secured parking and heart warming breakfast at a very reasonable price. Couldn't for more...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your time to write this review and let us know how great your stay was at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222 and our best rate guaranteed.
Looking forward to your business again in the near future.
Sincerely.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Although we were both initially concerned about the neighborhood, my husband and I appreciated the quiet and enjoyed the comfortable spacious room (one queen sized bed). The hotel is not within walking distance of any main attractions; however, it is within a reasonable driving distance of, for example, the Griffith Observatory, the California Science Center, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, and a Target. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked great, but our view from room 210 was the roof of the first floor and the air conditioning units. The blinds were great for sleeping in as they allowed little light during the morning hours. The breakfast was great too; it included bagels, sliced bread, pastries, waffles, yogurt, apples, bananas, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, bacon, fresh coffee, instant oatmeal, cereal, milk, and USA Today.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. We strive on a daily basis to provide each one of our guests with the best product and customer service possible, it is truly rewarding to hear great feedback from a valuable guest like yourself.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I drove past this hotel several times on day trips and wondered what it was like. When visiting friends who live in Echo Park I decided to take a chance and book a room. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised. The front-desk clerk was very friendly and checked me in quickly. The first thing I noticed was that the hallways had been thoroughly vacuumed. Nice touch. Upon walking into the room I was impressed by the fresh scent and size of the room as well as by the cleanliness and the condition of the furniture and linens. I'm sensitive to scent and immediately noticed the absence of that annoying chlorine bleach smell that so many hotel linens have. The mattress was rather firm but very comfortable and the microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker worked perfectly.

Parking was a breeze and is very secure - after 10:00 the gate is locked and a room key is required to enter the garage. The breakfast was very good, with a wide assortment of fruit, pastries, and excellent waffles. The coffee was very good, which is rare for a hotel breakfast bar. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and will stay there again next time I am in LA.

Several reviewers have mentioned the neighborhood. It is not the ghetto. The hotel is situated between Silver Lake and Echo Park, two very hip and trendy urban neighborhoods. Within walking distance you will find many small cafes and restaurants as well as boutiques and shops. This isn't Beverly Hills, but it is a cool neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear guest:
It is truly rewarding to hear nice feedback from a valuable guest like yourself, we strive on a daily basis to provide the best customer service and product possible.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations and our best rate guaranteed 213-250-2233.
Tianjin, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a two queen room. There is nothing special for the room, but the signature is the nice breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon. In addition, a 24 hours coin laundry store locates just crossed street, very good for long vacation.

• Stayed June 2013
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests with the best product and customer service possible, it is truly rewarding to hear good feedback from one of our valuable guest like yourself.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222 and of course our best rate guaranteed.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again soon.
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

For the price, we couldn’t ask for more. At least our room was clean, excellent breakfast, nice staff, free parking and secure during the night, air conditioner... what more could we ask for... Forgot, don't rent a car with Hertz in Los Angeles, is the worst night mare. One hour and 25 minutes to get a car that was already booked, and watch the hidden charges.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guest:
First let me thank you for posting this comment to let us know how your stay was at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. Please feel free to contact us for future reservations at 213-413-8222
Avoca Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hello, this is my honest review !

I Was stopping in LA for the weekend. I am an Australian who was based in San Diego but wanted a weekend away. I booked this hotel online and checked in that night. I met some friends while I was in Hollywood who took me to the hotel. Their first words upon finding the location were "this is the ghetto" and "lucky we drove here you would have got jumped/mugged around here at this time of night". So location wise, it's not ideal or in a super nice part of town but Its not that bad either really. You can see its location on google maps. The neighbourhood is around silver lake.

When I checked in my friends asked the lady behind the counter (closed off for safety) "where abouts are we anyway" she replied "between Hollywood and downtown".

However once I checked in I MUST say the room was EXCELLENT!!!! I was very clean, the bed was huge and comfortable and the television was huge. Sheets were clean, plenty of nice towells and the bathroom was giant and clean. I must say for the price the rooms are exellent.

Checkout is at 12 midday, reception rings you at 11:40 to remind you. I find this a bit rude. As a paying guest you are entitled to stay up-to 12. So until then please let me relax in peace.
Checkout is an easy process.

Hopefully my review doesn't sound to negative as I just wanted to be entirely honest. And really. I would stay in the hotel again if I was in the area. If you need a nice room to crash for a good price and aren't concerned about location then I recommend this! Secure Parking and breakfast are free too which is nice.

For what it is I would give this place 3.5 stars easily. Maybe even 4 just for how big and awesomely clean the room was.

Thankyou for a nice night and sleep

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service possible, it is truly rewarding to hear great feedback from our guests.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
Looking forward to have you stay with us again
Magaly Moran

Been to Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

Address: 2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles
Free Breakfast Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. Hotel Los Angeles
Los Angeles Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.