“Totally functional” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #132 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“Totally functional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

stayed several nights during December 2012. Location is great for Echo Park and silverlake, and central LA is easily reached by car or public transport. Great area for restaurants/bars. Room size was great and every effort made to keep clean - although maybe a little aged but they are comfortable. Found all staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good although breakfast area a little small, but not a lot can be done to change that. Overall the feel was of a smaller hotel making the best of whats available. Would stay again for location and helpfulness of staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. It is truly rewarding to hear nice comments from our valuable guests, we strive on a daily basis to provide each one of you with the best customer service possible.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222 and our best rate guaranteed.
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future again.
Magaly Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Laval, Quebec, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Rooms were smelly, they smelled like cigarette and the carpet wasn't clean. I even took the shower with my flipflops.
Althought the price is cheap, it is not a great location. You can find much better.
The neighborhood is not safe and you cannot be walking alone at night by yourself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.we strive on a daily basis to provide the best service to all of our valuable guests.
Hopefully you give us the chance to serve you again in the near future.Please feel free to make future reservations directly to 213-413-8222 for the best rate guaranteed.
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms overlooking the streets are rather noisy and the black out curtain do not offer a black out. There are no other curtains, so it was rather inconvenient, as we could be seen. Our room was big and the bed comfortable. The breakfast finishes at 9:30, which we found a bit too early and there are very few tables, so there were queus. It was ok but i would think twice to go again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear guest:
Let me thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles near Hollywood.We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests the best customer service, any comments or suggestions we take it in a constructive manner.
Hopefully you choose our Comfort Inn as your destination hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222 and our best rate guarantee.
Thank you again for your business.
Sincerely.
Flagstaff, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our checking in was a little difficult only due to a lost Priceline reservation. The girl working the front desk was very patient and gave us the same room, and for a better price. The king size bed was very comfortable with clean sheets and many pillows. Overall the room seemed pretty clean although the remnants of a bar of soap were left in the shower and no one emptied the old coffee filter from the coffee maker. I saw below someone said the hairdryer didn't work. I had the same problem. Free parking in a secure garage was a plus. Good deal for the location and all that's included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for your time to let us know your experience at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.It is truly rewarding to hear nice comments from our guests.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in October. Free parking and wifi is a bonus. Breakfasts were good, lot of choice including waffles, bacon & eggs. I got the impression there wasn't much around the hotel which was on a main road. We were woken at 6am by people talking in the next room so the walls must be pretty thin. There was noise in the corridors during the night too, but nothing you can do about that. Apparently there are still smoking areas in the hotel which is weird. I didn't realise this was still legal.

• Stayed October 2012
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your time to write this review and give us some feedback on how your stay was at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. I always recommend all of our guests to request a room away from the streets for a quiet area, be sure that if we have a room available away from the streets we will not hesitate to meet our guests request.On the other hand, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast.
Please feel free to contact us for future reservations directly 213-413-8222 and do not forget to request a quiet room.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for friendly helpful staff, please save your time and money and stay somewhere else. We booked this hotel months in advance as we were coming from Australia. I requested we have two rooms and apparently a 3rd was booked by mistake of the online booking agency (even though I had called to make sure only two rooms were booked). I was treated so rudely when I told the manager on duty I had only booked 2 rooms and he advised me that he would charge me for the 3rd room because we were classed as a no show. The manager on duty would talk over me and tell me I was wrong and the worst person in the world for the mistake. After worrying and being stuffed around for days I was told we wouldn't be charged but yet my card was still charged and the charge was not reversed as I was told it would be.
I was not allowed to speak to the hotel manager although I requested to twice.
As for the hotel, the room is ok. The bathrooms need to be updated as there was holes in the ceiling and the hair dryer did not work.
The position of the hotel is close to Hollywood boulevard but everything else is a good taxi ride away.
If the staff hadn't have ruined our experience I probably would have recommended it for a mid-budget stay. But don't expect much in that department.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest:
I am really sorry to hear the miscommunication problem between my staff member and yourself. This is the first time I hear of this issue, I truly apologize in behalf of our staff members and will like to compensate somehow the bad experience you had with your reservations.
Please let me offer you a 15% discount on a future stay in our hotel, it will also give us the opportunity to change your view of our customer service, wich we strive on a daily basis to provide each and everyone of you our valuable guests,with the best customer service possible.
My name is Magaly Moran and I am the general manager for this Comfort Inn, feel free to ask for me and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay at our Comfort Inn Los Angeles
Feel free to contact us for a reservation 213-413-8222.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel to do something different, shop, beach, shop and did i mention shop?? Anyways the hotel looks pretty sketchy at first but once you step inside it is really clean and tidy. Check in was fast, great breakfast and great customer service. Will not say any names but in the morning around 6.am or so we were trying to get directions to the beach and a great young gentlemen working the front desk was very helpful. I believe is name started with an E not to sure anyways, made it possible for us to see all the popular attraction to see while are stay in Los Angeles. Great service by all front desk and staff. Check out was a breeze, everything was correct, no flaws, room service everyday. like i said. NO FLAWS at all! I will see you soon and next time I shall bring my kids with us. Thank You Comfort inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service possible. It is truly rewarding to hear such great reviews after staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.
Please feel free to call us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future again
Magaly Moran

Been to Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

Address: 2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #132 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. Hotel Los Angeles
Los Angeles Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;