“Terrible. So disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

You added Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. to your Saves list
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #127 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Terrible. So disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for friendly helpful staff, please save your time and money and stay somewhere else. We booked this hotel months in advance as we were coming from Australia. I requested we have two rooms and apparently a 3rd was booked by mistake of the online booking agency (even though I had called to make sure only two rooms were booked). I was treated so rudely when I told the manager on duty I had only booked 2 rooms and he advised me that he would charge me for the 3rd room because we were classed as a no show. The manager on duty would talk over me and tell me I was wrong and the worst person in the world for the mistake. After worrying and being stuffed around for days I was told we wouldn't be charged but yet my card was still charged and the charge was not reversed as I was told it would be.
I was not allowed to speak to the hotel manager although I requested to twice.
As for the hotel, the room is ok. The bathrooms need to be updated as there was holes in the ceiling and the hair dryer did not work.
The position of the hotel is close to Hollywood boulevard but everything else is a good taxi ride away.
If the staff hadn't have ruined our experience I probably would have recommended it for a mid-budget stay. But don't expect much in that department.

• Stayed September 2012
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest:
I am really sorry to hear the miscommunication problem between my staff member and yourself. This is the first time I hear of this issue, I truly apologize in behalf of our staff members and will like to compensate somehow the bad experience you had with your reservations.
Please let me offer you a 15% discount on a future stay in our hotel, it will also give us the opportunity to change your view of our customer service, wich we strive on a daily basis to provide each and everyone of you our valuable guests,with the best customer service possible.
My name is Magaly Moran and I am the general manager for this Comfort Inn, feel free to ask for me and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant stay at our Comfort Inn Los Angeles
Feel free to contact us for a reservation 213-413-8222.
Magaly Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel to do something different, shop, beach, shop and did i mention shop?? Anyways the hotel looks pretty sketchy at first but once you step inside it is really clean and tidy. Check in was fast, great breakfast and great customer service. Will not say any names but in the morning around 6.am or so we were trying to get directions to the beach and a great young gentlemen working the front desk was very helpful. I believe is name started with an E not to sure anyways, made it possible for us to see all the popular attraction to see while are stay in Los Angeles. Great service by all front desk and staff. Check out was a breeze, everything was correct, no flaws, room service everyday. like i said. NO FLAWS at all! I will see you soon and next time I shall bring my kids with us. Thank You Comfort inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service possible. It is truly rewarding to hear such great reviews after staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles.
Please feel free to call us directly for future reservations 213-413-8222
Looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future again
Sincerely
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Worst place I have ever stayed at!! Okay, my boyfriend and I have stayed here a few times prior and didn't have a terrible experience (definitely not the greatest though), but this past time ensures that we will NEVER stay here again.
First of all, the king bed we slept on was the most uncomfortable bed. It had stiff sheets, a scratchy blanket, and tiny pillows which were unsatisfying. Secondly, the room was arranged so awkwardly. Everything seemed to open the wrong way (the refrigerator door, the bathroom door, etc) so you couldn't even maneuver in the room properly.
Last, and most importantly.... PLEASE CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR DOOR!!
California State law requires all hotels/motels/inns to post a card on a "conspicuous" place which lists the rate or range of rates by the day for lodging. (Check out CA Civil Code Section 1863 for the info.) Well, the rates listed were anywhere from $65-$105. I was charged $140 per night. According to the law, for any violation they shall pay $100 or three times the amount of the sum charged in excess, whichever is greater. When it came time to check out, I mentioned this to the front desk agent. Mind you, I was being polite and not looking for an argument just looking for my refund that I was due. However, the front desk guy was very argumentative and kept mentioning that I was incorrect; it was based on "supply and demand". Look, I know what supply and demand is, and I know I was staying on Labor Day weekend. However, the issue is that I was charged in excess of what the maximum amount was listed, regardless of the fact that it was Labor Day weekend. We argued back and forth for a while, which ended up with us leaving without our refund.
I have continuously called the hotel requesting to speak to the manager. Every time, the manager is not there, even though I have called back when the front desk agent has said the manager would be there. I have also sent an email with no reply.
I'm sure the management is too lazy to update the cards that are on the backs of the room doors, so perhaps you too are being charged in excess. Good luck in getting your entitled refund though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest:
First let me thank you for the your time and business......I do understand that we do have the rates in the rooms but it excludes event dates. I am really sorry you felt you were being charged more, upon check in you were asked to sign the registration card which explains the rate before entering the room, looking at your registration card, you initial agreeing to our event rate.
Sorry for the confusion but hopefully we do get your business again in the near future.
Sincerely
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Booked the hotel due to the proximity to Dodger Stadium, which was a HUGE mistake - bad area, no decent restaurants anywhere to be found! Promised free Internet, but it didn't work one night; beds were hard and uncomfortable; not child-friendly; room was not ready upon designated check-in time and hotel was very warm in hallways like A/C was not on to save money! Having to change room keys every day was very annoying - just a totally unpleasant experience! Stay downtown of you can, avoid this hotel/area!

• Stayed July 2012
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience was at the Comfort Inn, we are centrally located, minutes away from Hollywood/Downtown LA. There are a few restaurants within walking distance but mostly all the activity is minutes away by car.
We hope to have you stay with us on your next visit to Los Angeles.
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Clean, modern rooms. Good choice at breakfast. Friendly helpful staff. The hotel is located a few minutes walk from Hollywood Boulevard and the Chinese theatre. It's also an easy drive to Universal Studios. The receptionist very kindly gave us money off vouchers. The car park can be tight. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience while staying at the Comfort Inn Los Angeles. We work really hard on a daily basis to make sure we provide the best customer service to all of our valuable guests.
Hopefully you choose us as your destination hotel next time you visit Los Angeles. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly for future reservations and our best rate guarantee 213-413-8222.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again soon.
Sincerely;
London SE27
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights in this hotel & generally were happy with our choice & it seemed good value for the price in terms of LA.

The room was spacious & clean with large flat screen HD TV with very good picture quality.

Room had microwave, fridge, tea/coffee maker & there was an ice machine on nearby landing.

There was no safe in the room, but receptionist agreed to hold valuable items for us.

Free parking.

Free Wifi (unsecured network) but intermittent and problematic connection with apple devices, but seemed fine with pc laptop.

No laundry facilities on site but launderette across the street.

Staff were friendly & breakfast was better than average, with good selection of different options (hot eggs & bacon as well as waffles, toast, spreads, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, juices, tea/coffee). Dining space was limited to 3 or 4 tables, so you may have to wait.

Location seemed a bit out of the way and rather run down, but appeared safe enough.

Bus stop to downtown was across the street but could be a long (20-30 mins) wait for a bus. It took approx. 20mins to travel downtown.(NB returning from sightseeing we often experienced very long waits for a bus & on one occasion the bus was so crowded that passengers were almost hanging out of the doors. This was about 7.30pm).

The Hotel ordered a taxi to take us to Universal Studios- the taxi was quite late and seemed overpriced at $35.

If I could I would give this hotel 3.5 rather than 4 out of 5 to reflect lack of laundry facilities, no safe in the room, quality of WiFi connectivity & location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear guest:
We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests with the best experience during their visit and It is truly rewarding to get positive feedback from our valuable guests
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations and our best rate guarantee 213-413-8222.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family got saved by comfort inn...lol.. We had reservations at saharan motel worst idea ever left us stranded.went looking for a hotel,found this one got lucky only rooms available were the smoking rooms needed 2 with 2 beds in each room. 220 and 221 nice cute rooms didnt smell like ciggarettes at all. Front desk and housekeeping were really nice.got the rooms looking infront of parking slept with ac really comfy since it was a warm night.really good breakfast.checked in july 7 at 4am left that next morning..planning a trip again in first week of september def going to reserve rooms with you guys...and highly recommend it..as to the street noise it was no problem for us..thank you staff of comfort inn... From the Rodriguez family

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your time,It is truly rewarding to hear good comments from our valuable guests, please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations and our best rate guarantee 213-413-8222.
Once again thank you and looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Magaly Moran

Been to Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd.

Address: 2717 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90026
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #127 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd. Hotel Los Angeles
Los Angeles Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn - Los Angeles / West Sunset Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.