“Why the hell is it called fashion district?!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fashion District

Fashion District
Los Angeles, CA (Central L.A)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 382 attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Neighborhoods
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, this continually expanding shopping mecca features 82 city blocks of shops, market centers and apparel marts. Serving both buyers and the general public, the district boasts a huge concentration of fashion-related businesses and a block devoted to every type of fabric imaginable, where bargaining is the norm.
“Why the hell is it called fashion district?!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place was terrible! All the shopps had the same things. Everything looked cheaply made and like it was made for a low class street walker. Avoid it at all costs.

Visited September 2013

63 attraction reviews
“I thought this would be a high-class collection of outlets, not a Tijuana bazaar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It wasn't what I expected, but I had good time anyway. We came thinking that it was some collection of high-end outlets where expensive clothes might be had on the cheap. What it really is is a bazaar lifted right out of Tijuana. It was crowded and crazy, but I thought it was fun. We bought a few clothing items, perhaps of questionable origin or quality but reasonable nonetheless. The crowds are mostly Hispanic but very friendly, more of a family atmosphere rather than a "hustle the tourists" type of place. There are too many vendors to count, food, clothes, trinkets, etc. I saw one large store just devoted to piñatas, fancy ones, too. Parking can be a challenge (as can trying to make a left turn) but there are dozens of hustlers with red flags aggressively trying to persuade you (in an entertaining manner) to park in their lots. We went just a ways past the heart of the district and easily found a meter (this was a weekday, mind you). The only thing unnerving was that this borders on East LA and we traveled through some pretty gritty areas after exiting the freeway before we hit the district. I would advise people to go spend half a day there with realistic expectations about "fashion" deals. Again, it was fun.

Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
“Worth a trip...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Unbelievable bargains to be found. Take cash, as they will charge you extra tax and card fees if you pay with credit card etc. Plenty to see and do, but alot of the shops start repeating themselves. For example...shoes, bags, clothes, perfume, shoes, bags, clothes, perfume...you get my drift. Not that I am complaining, it was bargain shopping, go there with plenty of time and lots of cash.

Visited June 2013
21 attraction reviews
“Cheap, cheap-looking clothes of in questionable fashions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I felt like I was somewhere in Mexico City...and I lost my car because all the streets look the same and my wetware satnav let me down badly.

It's fun to look around and see the foods and people, but the clothes are ...how should I say it....I think Heidi Klum and Michael Kors would have to be carried away on gurneys.

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
17 attraction reviews
“A lot of junk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Well, maybe this just wasn't what I like, but there was a lot of bling and junk. Don't recommend you waste your time.

Visited April 2013