“Forget this place.” 1 of 5 stars

Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
“Forget this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

You can't reach your local spa when you call. The call goes to a central location so you have to wait on hold for your local location. Then they call your home number using an automated recording confirming your appointment, which I felt was really unprofessional and cold. They got my appt time wrong on the recorded message so I had to call the call center and wait on hold for three minutes. I arrived at the spa and was taken to the ladies' locker room, where the receptionist tried to explain where I was supposed to wait for my therapist, but not being familiar with the place it didn't make much sense. Why didn't she point out the waiting area as we were walking thru it a moment ago?? So I just stood in the hall outside the locker room! My therapist found me and we walked a long way down several hallways and up to the second floor to the room. I told her I only wanted my hips worked on (and placed my hands on the ball and socket joints which were tight), and firmer pressure on my arms and hands. She immediately said she forgot what I said and asked me to repeat it. Then she used very light pressure on my arms and I repeatedly asked her to use more pressure. She spent 80% of the time on my back, which I didn't ask for. I kept waiting for her to work on my hips. She turned me over and said she was going to work on my neck, so I said I was looking forward to her working on my hips. (hint, hint). She had no idea I wanted my hips worked on!! Then she says you mean your low back? Hmmm...she's studied anatomy and doesn't know the difference between low back and hips? Then she says they are not allowed to work "lower down" but could work over the sheet if I wanted. Huh? But she never did get work the hips at all. What a waste of time and money.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous R&R!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Received a gift card as a "mommy present" so I came here for a pregnancy massage when I was 37 weeks pregnant.

The spa:
Very serene, relaxing, quiet. Lots of plain water, fruit-infused water, lemonade and fresh whole fruit. Also had tea and coffee in the front lobby room with the fireplace. Robes were plush and comfy. Nice, big showers. They had everything you need to shower and get ready after your treatments if you so choose. Took a little nap in the quiet room. They don't have many magazines or anything to read so bring your own. Being preggo, I couldn't use most of the amenities (sauna, steam room, etc) so they gave me a milk bath instead.

Treatments:
Milk bath was awesome. I got there early so I did this before the massage, which I would recommend instead of after the massage. It was about 20-25 minutes in a warm jetted tub with a cool washcloth and cucumbers on my eyes. So relaxing! When I was done, my robe was warmed for me.

Pregnancy massage was great. They basically just had me lay on my left side, then my right side, then on my back for only about 10 minutes for a neck/scalp massage. My masseuse started out with not enough pressure (like another reviewer said) but I just asked her for more pressure and she obliged. I think they'd rather err on the side of being too light on pressure, especially for preggos. And again, when I was done, my robe had been warmed for me!

Everyone was very nice and service was top notch. I would recommend going here if you want to enjoy a full spa day and take advantage of all the amenities. If you just want to come in, get a treatment, and go home, it probably isn't worth the cost.

My only complaint is with parking. The spa will validate 2 hours with one treatment or 4 hours with two treatments. I was here for 6 hours and had a 4 hour validation and parking still cost me over $13!

Visited November 2011
Los Angeles, California
17 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Ambiance and services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Come here at least once a year because it is a little pricier than what I am used to paying for for a massage. If you want to get away from the hubby and little one for a couple hours of relaxtion and quiet time this is the place to be. The massages are ok. I have yet to find someone there that blows my mind. The pedicures are VERY addicting and relaxing. They have a jacuzzi, quiet resting room to nap, steam room and sauna available for use with any serivce you book. They also have showers, and other amenities for your use to doll yourself up after a long day of relaxation.

Visited February 2012