“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 310 Attractions in Los Angeles
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Tolerance is a human rights laboratory and educational center dedicated to challenging visitors to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts and confront all forms of prejudice and discrimination in our world today.
San Jacinto, California
7 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself and two teens have been wanting to visit museum for awhile and it's worth the drive through L.A. traffic. Easy to find, grateful for free parking. When entering museum everyone goes through security check, and you are then guided down to exhibits. The holocaust exhibit is very well put together, though we did get confused when we were supposed to move from one portion of exhibit to the other at times. The highlight of our day was "Gloria", the holocaust survivor speaker that touched our hearts. Crowds were low on Monday and I found all staff helpful. I would recommend everyone visit this museum to reflect upon themselves and to never forget some if the horrific past events in history.

Visited July 2013

White Rock
16 attraction reviews
“It May Change Your Perspective on Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

They will tell you that some of the images may be disturbing for young children. I'm North of 50 and I found many of them disturbing. A number of the tour guides and speakers are Holocaust survivors. It's important that those horrendous events are never forgotten and never repeated. I made sure both of my children heard the stories. The events are laid out in a very factual manner and they go into some depth to answer how we as a species could ever have allowed such egregious acts to take place. A day at this museum will refresh your soul. I am neither German nor Jewish, but after visiting the MOT, may never look at the world quite the same way again.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
58 attraction reviews
“it was okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

MOT was pretty interesting but i expected more. i guess i got my hopes up from reading the other reviews. it's worth a trip just so you can see what it's like for yourself. good thing about it is there's free parking! ;D

Visited June 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
18 attraction reviews
“This was a pretty good museum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This museum works like a timeline of events. Some of it can be very disturbing. I found the museum very educational.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had a great time at the museum. It doesnt soley talk about the holocaust, but us as a people. The tour guides were actual survivors and i even went to one of the story tellings from a lady that survived. Great museum to visit.

Visited December 2012