“My favorit restaurant in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Melrose
Zagreb, Croatia
“My favorit restaurant in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Think what are you grateful for today :)... this is what they say after taking your order... I just loved this place soooo much!!! The way they serve and then what do they serve! Amazing food and the best menu ever! All the menu items have special names like '' I am rejuvenated''....I will never forget this experience. Was in LA last summenr for two months and came back to this restaurant many times. I am sad we don't have it in Europe. The whole experience was just remarkable, I fell in love with this place!!!!

• Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Redlands
“Fun atmosphere and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We ate here last weekend. We arrived at 12:30 and were able to get a table for three right away, although I think we were lucky as it was very crowded. The atmosphere, with its focus on gratitude and self-affirmation, is very fun, but what will bring me back is the food. We started with the appetizer "I Am Present." The crostini was crisp and flavorful and the cashew mozzarella and sauce was exquisite. I could eat three orders and call it a meal. For my main course, I had "I Am Whole," which was fantastic. The flavors blended very well, and there was plenty of variety in the bowl to make the flavors complex. My dining partners had "I Am Pure," which was very good, but not as good as mine, and "I Am Gracious," which again was good but not as good as mine. When I go back it will be hard to get anything other than "I Am Whole."
I enjoyed the focus on natural foods and flavors, and the wait staff was really friendly. I don't have anything bad to say.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
philadelphia
“You don't have to be vegan to love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Unbelievable food-I can't say enough about this restaurant. I live in Philadelphia and was in CA visiting family. I could have eaten every meal here if I had to-great variety and high quality.

• Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Vegan Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My visit to Gratitude was in the middle of a day doing errands and my friends suggested the restaurant with plenty of raves. The large crowd was young, trendy (lots of actors, film people) with a smattering of other older hipsters (50+). We met up and they suggested a "hamburger". As a vegetarian, I love veggie burgers, but was informed all the food at the restaurant is vegan and NOTHING like anything I might have had before. I've eaten in one or two vegan places in Los Angeles, and found the food pedestrian at best. It's not easy to make indelibly delicious meals without cheese in my book. But we each got something different and shared, and I was instantly blown away by the massive amount of taste, the great presentation, and huge portions. The staff is so happy and helpful! I ate everything, including lip-smackingly good yam fries with a dressing to dip that was TO DIE FOR! Prices are reasonable and no one hurries you from a table even though there always seemed to be a line of patrons waiting for tables.

I do have a couple of caveats--one is that the food is very highly spiced and salted for flavor, and for patrons with stomach or blood pressure issues, Cafe Gratitude might be unhealthy. Two, seating is tight to the point of shoulder-to-shoulder, but no one seemed to mind. If you want an spacious yet intimate setting where you can talk openly without fear of a neighbor knowing your business, you might want to go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver
“OMG who knew raw and vegan could be this amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a raw and vegan restaurant ... I'm not vegan but this is my favorite restaurant! I had 'I am humble' which is 1/2 quinoa,1/2 brown rice, curried lentils,spinach,yams,mint and mango chutney - it should of been called 'I am amazing' ! I truly ate it with a smile on my lips! I've eaten the raw and it's also fab esp the tacos...eating here as the names implies, makes one feel gratitude for more reasons than just the food. Eat here - you will thank me! Also - good atmosphere, not your typical vegan restaurant. Very busy so call ahead.

• Visited April 2012