“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Armenian
Glendale, California
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I tried The Counter after visiting the Page Museum. We went on Super Bowl Sunday and the place was a ghost town.

I liked all of the choices, even though I stuck to a relatively simple cheese burger. We shared the 50/50 fries with regular and sweet potato. My burger was fantastic, especially dripping with sautéed onions. I would definitely come back here for burgers.

The service was attentive and friendly. The price was under twenty-five, which I think was decent for the type of restaurant and certainly for the quality of the food.

We left stuffed and very happy.

Please check out my blog for more reviews and musings.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Come for the burger not the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Counter is a great place to stop for your customised burger! You can literally chose everything you want from a wide selection - so whether you end up enjoying your burger or not is really up to you! You chose your meat, cheese, sauce, salads and bun! My first trip was probably the best burger I have had in the states, but the second was not so good - that's what happens when you change a winning formula! The fries are way too skinny for me, I prefer a chunky potato, but it is good they do 50/50 of fries and sweet potatoes catering for different people's needs. We also tried an ice cream sandwich (we took it to go, the burgers and fries are way to big to warrant dessert in the store!) This was delicious - macadamia nut cookies with vanilla ice cream - yum. The place itself if pretty rowdy and there are a lot of kids here, so it is a kinda hop in hop out spot.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ROTHERHAM
“Loved every bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Yum, Yum this was the best burger i have tasted in a very long time. When seated at the table you are given a clipboard to start and build your own burger, you will not be disappointed at the choice on the menu. The meat was cooked to your own liking and very delicious it was, my only advise is go hungry as the portions are very big, we ordered fries as side orders to share with family and we wasted quite a lot. The staff were extremely friendly and the place was spotless and clean, the food was prepared all fresh and arrived quicker than what the server mentioned. We would certainly go back if we visit the states again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“All right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Popular with families with children, almost too much so. Kids are even seated in the bar area. How good you find the burgers is entirely up to how you customize yours. The fries are quite good; the onion straws are pointless.

Espoo
“The best burger house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

A fantastic place to order a burger to your personal liking. You can pretty much tweak everything - burger, cheese, topping, sauce and bun. They even have gluten free buns. Their fries w / different variations are top drawer, too. Apparently all the other items on the menu are very good also.

• Visited July 2012