Central is a relative term in LA due to its size, but all of the metro lines and easily located from the hotels location where ever you wish to travel.
The hotel very much has an LA feel, with it being very minimalist and stripped back, which can cause the initial reaction to be that you are being cheated out of something. The restaurant in the hotel is open 24hrs and produces excellent food, though there are several great restaurants only a short walk away including Industrial, Engine 51 (located in an old fire house) and LA live with a number of eateries is only a 20 min walk away.
The best feature of this hotel is the roof top pool and bar, great venue for a drink in the middle of the day or as a night spot with views across Downtown.
Would definitely chose this hotel if I was in LA again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown Los Angeles, California luxury boutique hotel located near the LA Convention Center. This business hotel features 207 guest rooms & suites, event space, rooftop bar and Biergarten, 24 hour restaurant & rooftop pool. The newest addition to the hotel is SPiN - a ping-pong club founded by Susan Sarandon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Standard Downtown LA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Downtown La Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel Los Angeles
- Standard Downtown La Los Angeles
- Standard Hotel La
- Standard Downtown La Hotel