I recently stayed two nights here and I am torn about the property. Overall, it's affordable, friendly, and has a great location, but I guess I would say it doesn't quite live up to the rave TripAdvisor reviews. Close to Brentwood the pickings are slim. If you just want a quiet, affordable, comfortable stay you will probably love this place. If you are accustomed to staying in full service hotels, you may find it less appealing. Other candidates in the area include the Luxe on Sunset, the W Westwood, and possibly the Ambrose.
- Great location (Walkable to San Vicente)
- Extremely friendly staff
- Clean rooms and public space
- Very affordable
- The bathrooms are tiny and a little bit dingy in a way that's hard to put my finger on. It may be the tile.
- They have a draconian cancellation policy, although the hotel staff indicated they would be willing to negotiate something more flexible if the hotel was not very busy, and provided I called when making the reservation to discuss.
- The rooms all open directly to the outdoors, which is a safety concern for some solo travelers.
- The hotel has a modest continental breakfast but is not full-service.
- The rooms themselves are on the small side.