“Cozy hotel in downtown LA, value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ritz Milner Hotel

You added Ritz Milner Hotel to your Saves list
Ritz Milner Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   813 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #185 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Cozy hotel in downtown LA, value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Nice, cozy hotel in downtown LA. We chose it because it was easy access with the metro from the airport (7th st/Metro Centre station) and easy to reach by train any other parts of the city. We also booked a car and there was a parking garage just down the road so it was very convinient. The rooms were pretty small but clean, and reasonably priced for LA. The breakfast was basic (toast, jam, milk, juice, coffee, tea, fruits) but was good. The A/C was a bit noisy but thankfully we didnt need it everynight. Next door to the hotel there is a Subways, & a Macy's on the next block.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days. The location is great. I chose this place as it was close to the STAPLES center (within walking distance). The IHOP is just across the road with a convenience store just up the road. The staff are friendly. I was travelling as a single female. They always made sure that i was o.k. Upon arrival my room was not ready so they gave me another room. It was big but the AC was ratty. The bath was missing some paint and that had rusted over. For a single traveller and the cost the room was more than adequate. The elevator is a bit scary. You don't know if it is going to break down. They do have laundry facilities there but no where to get laundry powder. I think if they had a vending machine that cost say $1 to fill up a cup it would be great. The wifi was fine and i could skype my family. They also had a storage room where i put my bags on the day i was leaving so i could do a bit of sightseeing before catching my flight out. The hotel really needs a going over. It would look fantastic if some money were spent on reno's as the location is perfect! I would stay here again if i were by myself but i wouldn't stay with my husband. Night times i would suggest as a single traveller to stay indoors.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Sorry to say this hotels negatives way out weigh the positives. Firstly staff were unwelcoming upon arrival, next our room was incredibly small and smelled awful (upon each entry we used perfume to mask the smell),
Terrible outdated decor with cracked paint, dirty curtains (drapes) and stained bed sheets. Bathroom door was faulty and couldn't even close properly, the shower was either freezing or boiling hot and the service to our room didn't provide shampoo refills so we had to go down and ask for more.
The Air-conditioning unit was so loud we had to turn it off in order to sleep and Some lights didn't work.
The only redeeming feature I can say is the free paper plate buffet breakfast (as you can imagine not a huge positive).
Try to avoid staying here at all costs, the location we thought would be a huge advantage as it's right in Downtown LA but I think in future I'd pick another hotel a bit further out near a metro station as they're so easy to use.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I booked a room in January through Hotel.com at the Ritz Milner Hotel for a conference in August. I specifically asked for a Non-Smoking room and when I called to confirm my reservation the day before, I was told that there were no Non-Smoking rooms available and that there was nothing else they could do. I called Hotel.com and demanded a refund. This is the second time this happens with them, once with a Chicago reservation and now in L.A. I will never use them again!

So I called Expedia and they were able to find me a Non-Smoking room at the Bronco Motel, approximately 10 minutes away from the L.A. Convention center. Needless to say the Ritz Milner Hotel should have honored the reservation since it was made with plenty of time. I will never reserve a room with them either as I have in the past. Their rooms are small and crowded, old and stuffy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel was fine, it was exactly what you'd expect for the money you pay.
I wouldn't recommend this location for lone females or even groups, it's a very intimidating area which I wouldn't recommend you walking around at night.
The hotel itself was clean and bed was comfortable

Stayed August 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked this hotel off Expedia as we were finding affordable accommodation in LA scarce. We were really disappointed with the room: it was small (to be expected), it had a horrid smell of sewage, you could barely fit in the shower let alone turn around to wash properly and barely any water pressure. It was quite warm and as such we used the AC and this was like having a jet engine in our room. When we turned the AC off the room became very stuffy quite quickly.

On a positive note, the staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was reasonable and plentiful and located close to the 7th Street/Metro Center.

We would not choose to stay here again based on our experience as it was not particularly cheap either.

For room hints, avoid room 1112.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had stayed here for a few nights to explore the LA area before going on a tour of the Southwestern United States with Intrepid Travel. The hotel is older but the room was in good condition. The showers were pretty small but that did not bother me. I found the staff to be all very kind and helpful. The free breakfast was a nice bonus and surpassed my expectations. They had waffles, cereal, pastries, and a variety of fruits. Great way to start the day! Also, the hotel is only a couple blocks from the subway station which makes getting around very convenient. I would definitely stay here again as long as the price is reasonable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo