“Nice hotel but the service brings it down” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area

You added Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12664 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066 (Westside)   |
Ranked #64 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Canada
“Nice hotel but the service brings it down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Location: good. 10 minutes from Venice beach by car, a block away from supermarket. Close to a Costco.

Room: new, clean. Great to have a microwave. Washroom floor could use a scrub.

Service: receptionist is not welcoming. Emphasis on the $250 penalties before you can spell "hi". I was charged $250 usd on my credit card supposedly as a hold and I was reimbursed the amount at the end but with $15 credit difference because of exchange rates. Other hotels DON'T need to charge you the penalty/safety sum during the stay but only put a hold just in case. Charging $250 was not necessary and makes you feel very unwelcomed from the get-go, on top of losing money for nothing.

Breakfast: continental. no meat but plenty of other things.

Overall: Reception and policies need to change. I will not return if the safety deposit continues to be charged and because of how unwelcomed they make the guest feel from the get-go.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I was happy with my stay at the super 8. The room was clean and reasonably quiet, the parking was no extra charge and the continental breakfast was great! I had no trouble finding my way around and I loved that the location was so close to LAX and a short drive to Santa Monica! I'd stay there again! I did notice the pool was closed in the 'winter' - and though I wouldn't have had occasion to use it during my stay I thought the months they limited it to were pretty short considering California's beautiful weather. But that could just be me, because I come from a much colder climate! The WiFi was excellent and I had no trouble streaming video on my iPad while I was there.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

When I chose this hotel I was searching for something cheap but clean. These two requirements were achieved by far but I was also surprised with an abundant free breakfast which already set me on the right mood.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I just booked a decent priced hotel not to far from LAX for our first night in LA. Had not expected to much, but this was really great. Good rooms, comfy bed, TV, fridge etc in order. Will recommend !

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
W Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

We stayed overnight. Our room overlooked the pool, room 106. We were not sure what to expect, but had a pleasant surprise. It's not a grand motel, but we had a large room, which was spotlessly clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. The bed linen was fresh. The small bathroom area had a fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. You can also make hot drinks. Ideal, if like us you have had a long flight. A neat bath/shower with bath cap, soap, etc. supplied. We've just had breakfast in the motel lobby. Polystyrene cups, etc. there were choices of fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, bread for toasting and a waffle maker. I even got my morning cup of tea. Like the bedroom, it was spotless. It won't be the prettiest place to stay, but it was so much better than we expected. If you need a place to stay in the area, it's a good choice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area? Share your experiences!