“Good LA motel that's not on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area

You added Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12664 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066 (Westside)   |
Ranked #58 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good LA motel that's not on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The motel, which is located in a semi-industrial part of LA, is relatively quiet in spite of the heavy traffic on Washington Blvd. It is also ideally located by car in relation to the beaches and waterfronts of the South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo, etc.) as well as those of Venice and Santa Monica. The combination of a microwave and refrigerator in every room is a nice touch. The room service, while not always prompt, was generally thorough. All in all, it provides good value for the price, which is much lower than that of comparable quality lodgings in the same general area. Parking is free and plentiful too.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor suite in the back corner gets ample sun and is free of passerby traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Paul W.,
Thank you for choosing Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City for your room accommodations and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us.

As you have already mentioned in your review, we are centrally located in the middle of many famous attractions in Los Angeles. This is a great feature for guests who would like go to Hollywood and/or Beverly Hills or for those who would like to stay more locally and explore Venice and/or Santa Monica Beaches.

We hope that you had a great time traveling the Los Angeles area and hope that we can serve you again in the near future!
Mireya Torres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We booked this hotel to stay at for 6 nights. We left after the first night after finding black curly hairs (possibly pubic?) inbedded in the bath towels. This is inexcusible, and my boyfriend and I promptly left the next day as it was too late to go somewhere else. The other people staying in the rooms near ours were shady to the say the least. One looked to be doing a deal. At least we did not have a problem getting a refund. Not a good experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Moose707,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City Area.
I am very proud to say that we frequently receive many compliments regarding our impeccable housekeeping and I am very disappointed to receive news of your negative experience while you stayed with us last year.
Our goal is to always provide our guests a clean and comfortable room and I'm sorry we did not succeed this particular time.
I wish we had been informed of any condition in your room that was less than satisfactory so we could have corrected it immediately.
Thank you again for your review and hope that we can be of service to you in the future.

NEW MEXICO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was not familiar with the Super 8 brand before staying here. I figured two notches above Motel 6. I was wrong.

I needed a place to stay for a week while in Los Angeles. On my last visit to LA I stayed at Travelodge and the experience was so-so.

Super 8 far surpassed my expectations. It is tucked away on busy Washington Blvd yet very very quiet. I really liked the fact that parking was ample even on a Friday night [not so at Travelodge].

I was in room 129, in the back on the 2nd level [no elevator so pack lite].

The location in West LA/Culver City is perfect: not far from the airport and near Fox Hills Mall which has plenty of shops and restaurants [Lucille's BBQ was delicious!!].

The room was perfect as mentioned by other reviewers. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. There were two beds, a living room area with couch, chair, table and flat panel television. Also included is a breakfast/dinner nook area with fridge, microwave, table and chairs, perfect for morning coffee and breakfast or dinner.

I also really appreciated the window in the bathroom, a small pleasure but nonetheless a pleasure. I also liked the large dressing room, big enough for an ironing board.

Also there were plenty of electrical outlets for all your electrical devices. This was TERRIFIC as I had to plug in camera batteries, phones, mp3 players and a tablet.

Of note; however, were the small beds. I am 5'10 and my feet came right to the edge of the bed. Anyone taller than that will have to sleep at an angle, no joke.

The couch and chairs are also on a smaller scale. Fine for me but anyone larger might not be as comfortable.

I did not try the pool, but it looked very inviting. I also did not try the limited breakfast. For breakfast try Norms on Pico Blvd or better yet, Pepe's Galley tucked away in the AMF Mar Vista Blowing Lanes on Venice Blvd. Breakfast was traditional but filling.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Zialander,

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review about your stay with us last September. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your positve experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you are reccommending us to any future guests through TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for such an extensive review and we hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My friends and i recently stayed here and i must say it was a excellent place to stay! Everything was clean and tidy, beds very comfortable, bathroom clean and motel facilities ticked all the boxes indeed.
The superstart breakfast was awesome and after that a had a leisurely swim in the sparkling clean pool, staff are very friendly here and i can fully recommend this motel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Trent C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us during your trip to Los Angeles last September. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us while you visited the surrounding major attractions in the Los Angeles Area.

Thank you again for your review and hope to serve you again in the future.

Melville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness, cleanlinness, super sheets, beds, and pillows in the room. It was so large that it had a couch, chair, table and two chairs. Also a microwave, small refrigerator, and large dressing room. And it was very reasonable. Good location, near everything. Would highly recommend staying here. Complimentary breakfast was adequate, cold cereal, toast, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, etc. The only suggestion I would make is that they provide fluffier towels. I did ask for more and they gave more to me, The second set was fluffier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear racingdiva,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

We appreciate your business and hope that you stay with us again during your next visit to Los Angeles/Culver City area.

Thanks again!!

Best,
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this property for 6 nights and could not have enjoyed our stay more. This property is extremely clean and efficient - upon walking into our room for the first time, we were very impressed at the space and cleanliness with which we were provided. From the sheets to the bathroom, the room looked and felt cleaner than that of many other more expensive hotels. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the continental breakfast. There were a few packaged sweet rolls, but nothing outstanding was available. I would recommend walking to a nearby bakery or diner for breakfast - definitely a tasty option! Lastly, whenever we had questions, the staff at the front desk were very kind and responsive to our needs. Overall, an excellent hotel at the perfect price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear getbackzack,

Thank you for your thoughtful and complementary review about your stay at our property. We know that guests have many different choices for accommodations and I am glad you chose our hotel for you to stay during your visit to Los Angeles.
Your suggestion about our continental breakfast will be taken into consideration as we are currently undergoing a brainstorming process in order to improve it.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have to admit, the pictures didn't wow me in the slightest. However, my husband did his research and found this to be the best price we were willing to spend and read many different reviews from different websites. I'm glad we chose it.
First off, the receptionists are very friendly and knowledgeable. Everything went smooth and quick, was told about great places to eat and how to get to some of the site seeing places easily, and had great attitudes. Our room suprised me the most, it was up to date on the furniture, bedding, floors the whole lot. Everything was very clean and very presentable. There is a bathroom window that you really can see out of unless you wanting to look, but there isn't anything to see as it's just the back of some buildings. All the front windows will overlook the parking lot. The pool was kept very clean from what I noticed, they do have a snack machine nearby as well. If I had to make one suggestion about the whole thing, it would have been that I would have liked to have day curtains in the window. There were only black out curtains and if you wanted to have light come in, the whole world could easily look in. But that would be it. That and the horrible traffic that fills all the streets from the afternoon on. But that's pretty much to be expected around these parts.
We ate at 2 of the places we were recommended, one across the street at an outdoor grill type place. Delicious food! The other was a Mexican restaurant around the corner next to a Chinese place. One plate would fill 2 people easily, the selection was great, the staff was very nice and on top of everything. A good place to have a drink and walk back to the hotel.
The neighborhood was very safe, no problems whatsoever. The bus stop was just a block away that can take you down to Hollywood, every bus driver was just as nice and helpful as everyone we've been fortunate to talk to. Venice Beach is a straight shot down, not even 10 minutes. The Dollar Store was within a 5 minute walking distance, just incase you forgot anything. Lots of other stores and places to eat as well.
The continental breakfast wasn't really anything to write about, it made up of 2 cereal types, some packaged pastries from Costco, orange juice, milk and coffee. Toast was also available, but only 3 tables to sit at so you might want to get there early if you would like to stay and eat comfortably.
If we decide to come back to this area again, I will definitely be booking here!

Room Tip: Go directly to the Super 8 website for best prices, no other websites listed their rates.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear CampAdvisor,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed visiting Los Angeles and its vicinities while you stayed with us at our Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City Area. We always do our best to achieve our guests' satisfaction and I am happy to know that we accomplished this during your visit to our property.
Just so you know, our next project is to change all our drapery and bedding in all our rooms, that includes the sheers for the windows. I hope you can visit us again in the future to experience our new changes in our rooms.
Thank you again for your review and for choosing Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City area for your room accommodations.
Mireya Torres

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles / Culver City Area? Share your experiences!