“Tasty Food at Vinh Loi Tofu” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vinh Loi Tofu Vietnamese Vegan Restaurant

Vinh Loi Tofu Vietnamese Vegan Restaurant
18625 Sherman Way #101, Reseda, Los Angeles, CA 91335 (LAX Area)
(818) 996-9779
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Neighborhood: LAX Area
California
“Tasty Food at Vinh Loi Tofu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We live nearby, but was told about Vinh Loi Tofu from a friend who lives in Los Angeles. We were greeted by the owner Kevin. The place is small, with seating for about 18 people. There were two seats available, so Kevin sat us down. We looked through the menu. When Kevin was ready to take our order, we told him it was our first time there, and asked him a question about one of the dishes. He then told us that he would make something special for us.

The first dish had vermicelli noodles with grilled beef, mixed greens, cucumber, pickle radish & carrots, peanut, and coconut sauce. We ordered it medium spicy and the heat was just right. The flavor was really good!

The second dish was an udon noodle stir fry with BBQ duck, tofu, and vegetables. This was really good too. The servings were large, so we ended up taking the leftovers home.

Kevin was friendly, so the service was great. He told us that "Vinh Loi" means Forever, so the name of the restaurant means Forever Tofu.

The only request we have would have been ice for the water we drank. We'll definitely be back to try other dishes!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

malibu, california
“That really wasn't meat?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nestled into a small strip mall a couple of blocks west of Reseda Boulevard, this no-frills vegan Vietnamese spot is definitely worth a trip. A large menu of noodle dishes, soups, salads and appetizers all using chewy, meaty tofu in a variety of colors and flavors. Very helpful family members guide you through a diverse menu. I went for lunch, ended up with a lovely salad packed with flavorful slabs of tofu, cold veggies and glass noodles and an entrée based on soba sized noodles, chunks of meaty tofu and veggies, all in a lovely sauce.
Not at all pretentious, just a solid, tasty place to eat some healthy, flavorful stuff. And I am usually an unrepentent carnivore.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SANTA CLARITA,CA
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would recommend asking them to make what they think you will like and you won't be disappointed ! Both of the owners will take care of you !

• Visited May 2013
California
“Always amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have tried it all and have ZERO complaints! Love Love Love it!!!! My husband loves it and he is a meat eater in a family of vegetarians and vegans! Kevin works hard and does a great job of getting every dish just right. Don't see what you want but have an idea in your head, just tell him and he will create something for you.

It doesn't look like much from the outside and is relatively small on the inside but if there is a line, it is worth the wait! We usually visit when we are in the area, but once we were craving it so much we drove down to get it from Ventura (45 minutes) and back to enjoy with extended family.

Ham rolls are our favorites as well as Udon Stir Fry with Beef, Vinh Loi subs, Mock Duck subs and Udon Stir Fry with Curry Chicken. Also try the Lemon Grass Chili Chicken in the fridge to take home.

You will never be disappointed here!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Superb Vietnamese cuisine that is completely vegan and affordable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Today I hunted down this vegan Vietnamese hole in the wall based on a recommendation from a nurse at the hospital where I volunteer. What an exceptional experience! The chef/owner, Kevin Tran, brought my friend and I 2 off-the-menu items, an udon stir fry 2011 with curry duck and a beautiful Vietnamese soup with tofu and chicken called IMAZ (Iron Man Arizona). Both were extremely well balanced with perfect heat and flavor. All of their menu items are completely vegan and the chef even makes his own tofu on premises. The portions are very generous and affordably priced. It's a small place in a strip mall off Sherman Way so don't expect great ambiance but the food and service well outweighs the location shortcomings. I know I've found a keeper when I'm not even to my car yet and I am already anticipating my return visit. I can't wait to come again!