“I Love Love Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Colchester, Connecticut
“I Love Love Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Where do I begin? This place has it all. The chef's imagination and creativity never ceases to amaze me. I have been here twice and will be back again. Go with some friends and order everything! Pretty popular and hard to get a reservation on the weekends, but if you show up during non-peak hours you can usually get a seat at the bar or on the patio. I got the impression there was a bit of a pick-up scene happening at the bar on the weekends but I might be wrong.

• Visited June 2013

Decatur, Georgia
“Awesome Tapas in Downtown L.A.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had high expectations for this restaurant after reading the reviews here and in Bon Appetit, where this restaurant was listed #9 in the "Best New Restaurants in America in 2012". It lived up to all of my expectations.

We went with a party of 4 on a Thursday night. We arrived at 6:30 with no reservations and were pleasantly surprised to be seated right away on the heated patio right on the sidewalk. But, by 7:00 the place was PACKED.

The waiter was a hoot and made the meal a lot of fun. The drinks were very grown-up and I loved my "Bazerac", their version of a sazerac.

We shared a lot of small plates and everything was wonderful. My favorite was the original pork baco. It was bigger than I expected and could have been a meal on its own with just one other side.

Other favorites were the pork belly ravioli, flatbread, cauliflower and arctic char.

I thought the prices were very reasonable for this quality of a dining experience in L.A.

I would highly recommend this place (in fact, I already have to several people), and I would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Monica, California
“Noisy and crowded in the heart of Downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

reservations are a must!
This is someone's version of slow cook country style cooking. You may have to wait
longer but everything is made to spec.
I cannot get over the deep fried chicken breast with the thick and crispy fatty skin that was just too good to pass up/ They surround this with the large buttermilk biscuits , which did not spare the butter and are so are flake., In between all this is a nice helping of cole slaw>?>!>y
Everything he makes is gooD

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“:Absolutely Delicious:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Surprised by its trendy cuisine and unique atmosphere. Our party of 4 ordered 6 dishes and each of them tasted AMAZING!! Awesome place for Veggi lovers too since they offer a great selection of Vegetables dishes. We're going back again to try them all for sure. If you're looking for a stylish restaurant in LA, this is the one.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Fantastic, trendy gem in Downtown, LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Delicious food, fantastic service, unique cocktails... All the makings for a truly great restaurant. Try the carmelized cauliflower, oxtail Baco sandwich and the hamachi. Divine!!! Highly recommend this place for a fun night out with friends!