“Very Reasonably” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Irvine, California
“Very Reasonably”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We chose to stay here as we wanted to spend time in Hollywood and this motel was in an excellent position for all the main attractions. There is a parking garage you have to pay for which is reasonable enough but we found you have to be there quite early to get a space. The room we stayed in was a little shabby and in need of an update. Apparently the hotel is undergoing some renovations so this might change soon. The room was clean enough though and we had all the usual facilites including wifi. The motel is a couple of minutes walk from Hollywood Boulevard and everything was within reasonable walking distance. Very reasonably priced and we would return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Harderwijk, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice clean room and kinda trendy look and feel for not much money. Near Hollywood "attractions" and nice bars. They don't serve breakfast but we solved that by walking to Mell's In. Staff is overall friendly. The parking was sometimes difficult and there is not much room/spaces. If it is full you can park in the same street and for the same rate. Problem is that is only one time in and out, not 24-hours because of the agreement between hotel and parking lot owner. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at Motel 6 November last year for 7 nights.
Having never stayed in a "motel" before and having paid so little for the room, I wasn't expecting much though was pleasantly surprised and reassured after my first night.

All the rooms have been re-furbished within the last year and although fairly basic their still on par with most 3 star hotels I have stayed at across Europe! The sheets/towels were changed daily, clean bathroom/toilet, comfy beds.
I didn't need much assistance from the couple of staff members I saw, and although they weren’t the most charming individuals they were still friendly/accommodating and took in parcels of items I'd ordered online.

I didn't experience much noise during my stay, there were a few vagrant types that hung about outside occasionally...but its steps from Hollywood Blvd, what do you expect?! Saying that, I didn't feel un-safe at all during my stay...and I'm someone of a fairly unique appearance, I usually get heckled.

I've just reserved a room to go back again this November, I hope nothing drastic happens between now and then, but I expect a fairly decent experience again.
I think when you book a place entitled Motel, you need to be a little more open minded to its appearance/standards....Motel 6 is very cheap considering its location! And what you get is actually extremely good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fortaleza, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at this Motel 6 long time ago, but I won't forget.

First of all, there's a bullet proof window between you and the attendant. Need to say more?

Well, the rooms are extremely dirty, smell really bad (besides the smell of wood just everywhere inside the property), and are super old, like you're still in the 50's.

There's a mini kitchen in the lobby with free coffee and water.

The service is... wait, what service?

The location is almost perfect If you want to stay in the middle of the action in Hollywood. You're a few blocks (walking distance) from Highland Av.

I had a booking for 6 nights. After my first night, I got my money back and went to another hotel.

Well, this is a positive thing about Motel 6. You can have your money back If you leave earlier than you planned.

I know Motel 6 is for "sleep-only" type of guests. But this one, maybe it's a Hollywood thing, definitely exceeded the expectations (in a bad way).

I would never recommend someone to stay at this Motel 6.

Room Tip: There's no good room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was stuck in Hollywood for a night - a quick search and I found this hotel 5 minute walk away from Hollywood Boulevard.
Reasonably priced. Rooms were a bit shabby but I don't think you can get anywhere for the price I paid. TC and Fridge. Could do with a re-fit. Again, I couldn't really complain for the price paid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Two stays with a total of 8 nights at Motel 6 Hollywood (Whitley Ave). Nice standard and clean hotel. Staff were polite and helpful. Motel 6 has made an fantastic effort to establish very good quality at a reasonable price in a very central location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The room keys didn't work. WiFi was a joke. Desk jockey was abrupt and unhelpful. Room grubby. View atrocious. Fridge piddled melted water over room floor. The other residents were noisy, but you can't blame the motel for that. Pricey. Thank heavens, it was not the Hotel California!

The car park was incredibly tight to drive a car into, but the car park attendant was friendly and helpful.

But the location was great.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood? Share your experiences!