“Taix is the tuxedo of all restaurants!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #852 of 8,659 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Taix is the country french restaurant attached to Taix lounge. The restaurant is huge, has private rooms for parties, prices are fair and family friendly.
“Taix is the tuxedo of all restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the privilege of eating at Taix on two occasions one for dinner and another for lunch about a week and a half ago. Wonderful service. The Taix Burger was yummy and had a lot of flavor and not to mention very good split pea soup. At lunch the next day I had soup and salad. The minestrone soup was better than Progresso! Don't despair about paying $2.50 for valet parking it is worth it, especially when one is recently widowed.

• Visited January 2013

Los Angeles, California
“I'm picky and I LOVE Taix! (and so does my friend from France!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Yes, this was the litmus test I could rely on: taking my friend who was born in France to Taix, and she's been hooked! She and the waiter (who was a lovely man) got on like a house on fire, speaking to each other in French. I didn't mind because I love the food! Have enjoyed their clam chowder on more than one occasion, great salads and don't get me started on their Tarte Tatin! I have a food blog and one of my bucket list items for food this year is to make it like Taix does! Brought my parents too, and they both loved it...definitely recommended!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“An elegant trip back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This restaurant has an eighty year history, from family style meals back on Commercial Street in downtown Los Angeles, to the lovely dining rooms at their Echo Park location.

A classic French restaurant with an award winning wine cellar, I would describe their menu as Comfort-French. Every meal starts with a tureen of their soup of the day, all excellent and Friday's clam chowder is superb. Entrees are classic dishes from roasted chicken to beef bourguignon.

Ambience is comfortably elegant. Carpeting helps keep the noise level much lower than the current trend. Waiters are knowledgeable and helpful.

A great place for lunch or a special dinner. We have joined them for their excellent and quite reasonable Thanksgiving menu for several years.

Visited December 2012
“Best French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

All of our food was magnificent, and the rack of Lamb and escargot was the best we've ever had. In addition to great food, the service was perfect. We will be back every time we go to LA.

Los Angeles, California
“French Food You Can Afford!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had always wanted to visit Taix, a French country restaurant in Echo Park and was delighted. This restaurant was founded in 1927 by a family from the Alps when French food was a novelty in Los Angeles. The cuisine is authentic and the service was excellent. Some staff have been there since the 60's! Best of all the price was very reasonable. Bonus...the dining room was quiet so you can actually have a dinner conversation in the elegantly appointed room. I was pleased to see a wide age range of couples. I also recommend this for a birthday, anniversary or a special occasion. They have a great private for a party and a quaint but lively bar. Valet was $2.50. Taix is a bargain all around!

• Visited July 2012