“Cheap but.........” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Good Nite Inn Sylmar

You added Good Nite Inn Sylmar to your Saves list
Good Nite Inn Sylmar
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12835 Encinitas Road, Los Angeles, CA 91342 (North San Fernando Valley)   |
Ranked #124 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Cheap but.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

I must admit the location of the hotel was very nice for our needs, Six Flags Magic Mountain. The hotel is located off the freeway and is right next door to Denny's. There is a McDonalds that is open 24 hours right across the street, and two gas stations right next door. I believe our hotel was priced at $50 after all of the taxes and I know the adage of you get what you pay for. However after getting our first room which pretty much stunk beyond ability to sleep in and worse than that it is a stone throw to I-5, and I knew sleeping would be nearly impossible. I went downstairs to asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel and the guy at the front desk accomodated that. After moving to a new room my girlfriend said the smell was overwhelming her so I walked to the mini mart and bought a pine tree car air freshener and some spray. We had reservations for three nights but left after two nights. If you need a place to stay for cheap (which we did) it is okay. If you want plush room service and fancy things this will not work for you. It is about a ten minute drive to Six flags and Six flags hurricane harbor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2004

We arrived 7/6/04 for one long terrible night. Upon check-in, noticed dirty sheets and a butchered bathroom (cut and paste mosaic floor with grout splattered everywhere) with remnant feces floating in clogged toilet. Called front desk and they said they would get me a plunger for toilet. Three hours later there was no plunger and our bladders were full. Visited front desk to request plunger and were told we were out of luck - no plunger and no alternate bathroom to use. Told them this was unacceptable and our bladders were about to burst in the front lobby. Finally, they relented and said we could use the toilet in a room on the other side of the complex. I asked them again to please plunge the toilet as we didn't want to traipse across complex in the middle of the night to relieve ourselves. He said they were sold out and we were lucky to gain access to this faraway room -but only until the guests showed up! Luckily, nature didn't call during the night and we checked out first thing in the morning. Upon checkout, I mentioned our terrible experience and front desk said there was no maintenance staff to rectify the problem (and no apology either). I said this was unacceptable and she said "okay, I'll give you a 20% credit." It definitely wasn't the "Good" Nite Inn.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2004

After a highly unpleasant experience at the Motel 6 next door (see my review on this site), we considered ourselves lucky to find a room here at 10:00 on a Friday night. It was an OK room, but if you are looking for value and a clean room for the night this place is for you.

Been to Good Nite Inn Sylmar? Share your experiences!