“pretty decent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BLVD Hotel & Suites

You added BLVD Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BLVD Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90068-3239 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites) (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #150 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Madison, Wisconsin
“pretty decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

Our family of 5 just stayed here over Easter weekend...and the hotel was pretty decent..Excellent value at $85 a night..pretty good location..could walk to many attractions...pretty safe at night..however as with anywhere you need to be aware of your surroundings..as there are "interesting" people walking about at times. The only problem we had was the pop machines on every floor were out of order and not fixed because of Easter weekend...and there is NO guest laundry like their website lists..other than that it was a clean room with a nice breakfast!!!

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

I love this hotel! It was so nice and clean and cheap rates! It is in the perfect location for all the sites to see in Hollywood. The staff was very helpful esp. when our luggage failed to arrive on time they gave us the supplies we needed. Friendly staff, great big clean rooms, perfect location what more do you need? Parking although small was never a problem for us while we stayed there.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

The Comfort Inn was very near Hollywood Blvd and its sights.The rooms are large and very clean.The staff were very nice.The pool was small.The only problem was the parking. They had their own parking and the rate was $6.00 a night. If you hav a small to mid-size car , you will be fine.But , the parking is a very tight fit. A large car will have a rough time. And I thimk they may run out of spaces at times.

Also , trying to enter Highland Blvd, is alittle tricky at times.
More so ,if you are trying to cross over into the south bound lanes.

Beyond the parking , the place was a good deal.It was just a 1 mintue
drive to highway 101

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

Stay Dates: March 5-8, 2005

The location of this hotel is great. A short walk to Hollywood and Highland where Kodak Theater is. Very close to Hwy 101 and the Hollywood Bowl.

The employees that we talked to were friendly and helpful as far as getting information about attractions.

We had to call the hotel for directions several times after we arrived at LAX because we kept getting lost. The man at the desk was very helpful and patient. It was a 2 hour trip to the hotel from LAX (we got lost and had bad traffic). Going back to LAX in the early morning took 25 minutes.

The room was clean and good-sized. It had a refrigerator and microwave. However, I had called a few days before our arrival to see if they had free high-speed internet. I was assured that they did. Unfortunately, they do not.

Another problem was that they never refilled our supply of soap or shampoo during our 4 day stay. With 3 of us in the room, we went through these items quickly.

Also, all the vending machines were out of order the entire time we were there. Having the fridge in the room helps because you can pick up something to drink while you are out and about and save it for later. I would definetly suggest bringing your own beverages since I have read other reviews that indicated the vending machines were out of order during their stay.

Overall, I would recommed this hotel. The price, location and friendly service make up for the minor problems that we experienced.

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

I stayed here for four nights 26-30 January 2005 after receiving suggestions from the TripAdvisor forums. As other people have commented, it all looks new, the rooms are spacious, the windows can be opened to let in fresh air (too rare in most motels), the room I had was away from the road so there was little traffic noise, the staff were friendly and mostly helpful, the booking via the Internet was smooth and trouble-free, the bed was comfortable, a refrigerator and microwave were provided, and 90+ channels of cable TV were provided (although most of the time there was still nothing worth watching :-). There is a free continental breakfast, although I did not partake.

The location is very convenient, close to Hollywood Boulevard and the Metro Red Line subway. With a Metro Day pass ($3), you can get almost anywhere on a bus or the subway. I went to Disneyland for the cost of a day pass plus $1 each way, although this can take around two hours, so leave early.

As for safety, the hotel requires use of your room key to use the elevator, so corridor access is restricted.

Highland Ave is very well lit at night, and there are always lots of cars going by. I did not feel at all threatened walking back to the hotel by myself as late at 11pm. After dark, there were a few homeless people/beggars, but they were mostly targetting people in cars stopped at the traffic lights. Most never spoke to me, and if they did, I shook my head and they went away.

The only thing that prevents me from giving this hotel a rating of 5 is that the walls and ceilings are very thin. Conversations and amorous couples in adjacent rooms on some nights were clearly audible. The worst was when, at 4:45am, something started in the room above that sounded like children playing games, jumping up and down on the floor, running around, and turning the TV volume up. This was still going on after 9am. I did ring the front desk at 6am, and they said they would see what they could do. However, it did not stop.

The noises from adjacent rooms were not really a problem, and the noisy children are hopefully an isolated event.

Overall, I was very impressed, and would certainly stay there again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

This hotel is in a great location, just a short walk to the Hollywood Bowl and Hollywood Blvd. Highway 101 is one minute north. The room was clean and large, though the view was of a condo twenty feet away. Both vending machines in the building were out of order during our three-night stay. Parking was a hassle. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was average. The hotel looked nice inside and out, and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the L.A. area.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites Hollywood from Dec 18 - 26 2004.

I found the location to be very convenient - it is only a short walk to hollywood blvd, where kodak theatres is.

The hotel was very clean and well kept. Everything was new also. There is also free parking on site for residents. the room has a microwave and fridge also, along with hairdryer etc.

This is a great place to stay for a moderately priced room as it is new, clean and convenient.

I would stay there again if visiting Hollywood.

Been to BLVD Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!