“Terrible night of sleep!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hollywood

You added Super 8 Hollywood to your Saves list
Super 8 Hollywood
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1536 North Western Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90027 (Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #220 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego
“Terrible night of sleep!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were going to the Rose Parade the next day and didn't have many choices for hotels but thought this place would be close and a fun area to be in. I realize it was New Year's Eve and people are celebrating but we needed to get up very early on the first. We had a bunch of very loud, obnoxious 20-somethings on our floor. They treated the place like it was their own home - talking loudly in the hall, yelling obscenities, knocking loudly on doors, etc. Fortunately, my family was able to fall asleep when these people went out for a bit but the uncomfortable bed prevented me from falling asleep. Then, the 20-somethings returned and continued with their loud ways until we got up at 5am. When we left our room to take the elevator, one young woman was in the hall knocking on a door wearing a bedspread and seemingly nothing else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This is not a good hotel to stay at. Stayed here for 2 nights. Rooms were not clean. Bathroom was small, and towels had many stains and felt unclean. Staff was extremely rude. The breakfast was bad too, but ok compared to some other hotels.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

staff are friendly and helpful but the rooms are old and needs a facelift soon.
The hotel's location is near Hollywood boulevard but not that near. You'll need to take a bus or subway from the Hollywood boulevard.

• Stayed December 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you ever want a room, have them show it to you 1st, but if 2 guests, both check it out, I sent my husband to check, while I checked us in. When I walked in I found there was only 1 chair at the table. The only thing I was satisfied with was the mini frigerator worked well. The tv was snowy, the table wobbled, then at 10:30pm after sightseeing, decided to enter the bathroom to shower. Looked up and there was black mold everywhere above the tub. In the morning, when we went down to get a cup of coffee and donut, I spoke to the lady at the front desk, she said I should of called last night, they would of moved us. I asked for some kind of refund put back on my card, she said she already gave us the best price, wrong, what she gave us was AARP discount. LET MY PICTURES HELP YOU TO DECIDE.....oh this morning there was a live spider in the tub. Nothing like bathing with the wrong company

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
maryannHollywood, Manager at Super 8 Hollywood, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I agree your stay was unacceptable. We had our staff meeting yesterday and all the issus you in conter were bought up to housekeeping and our maintance department. We are working deligently of correcting those issus. Thank you for your input, and I hope this dosn't impede you from staying at our other wyndham propertys.

Been to Super 8 Hollywood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Hollywood

Address: 1536 North Western Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Hollywood
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #220 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Hollywood 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Hollywood Hotel Los Angeles
Super 8 Motel Hollywood
Super 8 Los Angeles
Super Eight Los Angeles
Los Angeles Super 8
Los Angeles Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Hollywood, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.