“Indifferent staff just the start of horrible stay...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra

You added Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra to your Saves list
Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5350 S Huntington Drive, Poplar & Huntington Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90032   |
Ranked #131 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas
“Indifferent staff just the start of horrible stay...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Checked in to find front door to our room was open, no explanation given. Tried to park the car but the spaces are ALL painted too close, just asking for your car to be dinged during the night. asked front desk person who explained its just like the compact lot you get at LAX airport. SO, be prepared to have your car ruined when you stay the night. THANKS Super 8!!!

• Stayed July 2012
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

• The man at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family booked for one night, and honestly, it was a huge mistake. The room smelled horrible, and we booked a non-smoking room. It smelled like mildew and smelly feet honestly, I was repulsed. I went to a store to buy some air freshener, but it clearly did no good. My family couldn't stand the oldness of the whole room and left. (We just booked one night for Anime Expo, but that didn't work out so well so it would have been better for back and forth to the Expo center rather than stay another minute in their sleazy rooms.
After the complete and utter chaos, I thought I was done with this place, but I wasn't. Apparently, they charged me for THREE nights when I only booked one.
My bank had to deal with this, and I've never seen such horrible and unprofessional kind of workers. Honestly, I would never come back to this place ever.
I learned my lesson for booking such a utterly disgusting and filthy place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that the experience did not turn out to be what you had expected.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and your being charged for the room. The situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I want to give 3.5 stars but the system doesn't allow it.

The motel is right on the edge of the border between the two cities, but it is in LA. My room was clean and efficient. Everything was there are I expected it to be, but the architecture has some quirks that were annoying. Specifically, the bathroom door hits the toilet such that it can't be opened completely. The building doesn't look like it has been remodeled recently, but it's not run down either. My room's carpet was in good shape.

The breakfast consists of what looks like Costco bread, mini-muffins, Cheerios, and Svenhards danishes. European continental breakfasts can only be found in Europe. =P

If you have a SUV, I suggest parking it on the street because the parking stalls are really tight. The immediate area along Poplar is a typical Alhambra street, which is clean and neat. Huntington is run down. Speaking of which, I wouldn't approach the motel from the west. You'll pass through what looks like an industrial area of LA. I would come through Alhambra.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tyumen, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

All you need to rest after a car trip. Free parking and breakfast, coffe maker, a/c, TV. Helpful staff.
About bed bugs. They are ALWAYS in US. So, don`t mention it.

Room Tip: Ground floor is better for thous with travelbags.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in LA only for 1 night and this was a great option for the price.

The rooms are quite large, I guess LA-size!. The bathroom by itself is almost as large as a hotel room I stayed in during a visit to Rome! Room was relatively clean, no complaints about that.

Breakfast was limited, but still OK for a hotel like this. To name all items offered: Bagels, toasts, creals and Milk, buttter, jam, honey, and coffee. Our only complaint was that there was no cheese of any type available.

The only negative comment. There was some noise from the neighboring rooms late at night (~3 am), and also early in the morning (~6 am). I always carry my earplugs when I travel, so the noise was not a major issue.

BTW, I rated 'Service' as Average above, since we did not ask for any particular service. We only talked briefly to the staff at check in, breakfast, and check out, and they sounded reasonably polite each time.

• Stayed April 2012
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable.. a little dated, but thats expected for the price. The parking lot is small and hard to park if you have any larger than a compact car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Once we pulled into the parking lot, we didn't feel safe already. Almost canceled the reservation, but the policy from hotels.com no refundable.
Ground floor is noisy, you could hear the upstairs. Breakfast is very limited. TV's remote not working. Carpet is so dirty and sticky. And the Highlight from the stay is BED BUG, people!
Never ever go back. I wish could give a 0 star!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Los Angeles Alhambra for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the non-working remote in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles Alhambra. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra? Share your experiences!