“Usually very tasty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mexikosher

Mexikosher
8832 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035-3302 (Westside)
310-271-0900
Description: Authentic Mexican, Glatt Kosher
Los Angeles, California
“Usually very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I give thumbs up to most of the food, occasionally I find that some of the chicken is a little dry and not super flavorful. The meats are usually delicious, my personal favorite are the Australian ribs.

Visited September 2013

85% Recommend
Paris, France
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

During our trip to LA, we went there twice. The food was very good and not expensive (c.$12 for a meal without drinks). We ate burritos which were very tasty and enough for hungry persons.
The crew was very nice and friendly.
A parking is located next to the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I LOVE Mexikosher! I didn't always eat only Kosher food so I've had my share of non-Kosher ("treif") Mexican food growing up in Los Angeles. I must say that Mexikosher offers some of the freshest, tastiest, and most authentic Mexican food that I've ever had. Yes, it's true they don't serve pork but at this place you won't miss it one bit! Everything is cooked fresh and the daily specials highlight Chef Tanabe's obsession with gourmet Kosher cooking. While the dining style is fast food, don't let it fool you. Nothing is frozen and everything is top quality (even the tortilla chips are made right in front of you). You gotta try the "carnitas" made of brisket and duck fat...you won't even notice the lack of pig on the menu! Also, the portions are HUGE and a whole burrito is usually enough for two meals for me.

Oh, and for the Orthodox Jewish traveler, they are certified by Kehilla (Rabbi Teichman) and have a full-time frum moshgiach on site and are closed Shabbos and Yom Tov. They buy their meat from Western Kosher.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great value and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Well worth the visit for Mexican and spicy tasty dishes.
Great selection and they have a taco truck traveling around the city always at different locations.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach, California
“So delicious, you'd hardly know it was kosher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place has been open about a year. I've been hearing good things about it, and since I have family members who keep kosher, I've been looking forward to going here. I'm so glad we did! The food was amazing. I had the rice bowl, with carnitas. Since it's kosher, of course that was not pork. It was brisket and duck confit, roasted for 18 hours. Absolutely delicious. You get a choice of toppings--garbanzo beans, cilantro, onions, salsa, etc. The other dishes chosen by my dining companions were the rice bowl with carne asada, and the vegetarian burrito. Each of us was delighted with our meal.

The restaurant is clean and pleasant, with a plain atmosphere. Although, I must say the Jerusalem stone on the wall was a very nice touch. I would prefer a place like this – minimal atmosphere & paper plates, which keep the prices quite reasonable. But the real draw is the excellent Mexican food. Even if you don't keep kosher, if you like Mexican food, you will be glad you went to Mexikosher. ¡Es la verdad, emet!

• Visited April 2013