“Manager very rude & unprofessional.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20205 Ventura Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 91364   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #216 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Manager very rude & unprofessional.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The older guy that works there as a manager had done nothing but made my experience staying there horrible. I stayed there a couple of times. Do to the area but not because of the room quality. I had decent check in service from some of the other employees. There are two really nice Asian gentleman but I cant say that as far as the manager. Each time that I came in he was rude & nasty to me. He made me out to be in the wrong when i called him on the level of customer service in which he didn't have. He became offensive. & instead of making MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE better. He neglected how I felt & lost me as a customer.

• Stayed January 2013
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks you for taking the time to post a review. I was sorry to hear about your mixed experience of service at the hoteland apologize for this. We try our best to address your remarks like these and will be bringing it to the staff attention. I hope that you will give us another opporunity to make it right and my email address is lwh@extendedstay.com.
Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, Grab & Go breakfast had good coffee plus basic items (Fruit oatmeal, granola bars & muffins)
We were most pleased with the staff. Very helpful and friendly. Antonio checked us in and was very accommodating.
It is an older place and shows some wear, but it was an excellent value & quiet. If we return to this area, we will very likely stay here again.

Room Tip: We prefer upper floors and also like the fan that can be turned on to run continously whether AC or...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction and like that you were pleased with your stay.

woodland hills,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

service here is great. love this extended stay. very clean and the people are nice. very understanding caring people. they helped us out in couple situations. they have continualy provided us with the best value and service in the valley. complimentry breakfasti would come to this hotel any chance

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

It was great. I liked the room setup and the staff was very understanding. The maids took care of everything I had the grateful sense of being able to leave money out. I really felt fortunate to find this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

After reading these recent reviews that compliment this place so much, I am shocked that I am writing about the same hotel. ...Our experience was awful from the moment we entered the place. From the outside, this hotel looks appealing and clean. The parking lot is well-lit and there is plenty of parking. Though upon entering the facility, one experiences the real deal...a royal dumpster bin. The evening staff we dealt with had no customer service skills and little personality...not a person who should be greeting in-coming guests at a hotel. Walking through the hallway on the way to our room, I felt like I was in some cheap restaurant with lingering smells of old food. There seemed to be some kind of cherry air freshener trying to cover up this smell, which only made it worse. Our room had a small kitchenette with a small fridge that was leaking water all over the floor. The ceiling above the fridge was covered in dirt and spiderwebs and the bathroom reeked of old stale food. The bedspread was worn and dirty when we went down to talk to the front desk about changing rooms, he had gone home. We were told by a lady working there doing hotel laundry that there that all of the front desk staff leaves at 11pm. What kind of hotel doesn't have overnight staff at the front desk? We ended up borrowing blankets and sheets from my in-laws so we wouldn't have to sleep on the dirty bed. The next morning we promptly checked out. We made sure to get a full refund and won't make the mistake of judging a book by it's cover.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the issues with the team. We continually work to improve our hotel, and take these comments very seriously. I invite you to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you to all of the staff for such warm welcomes. You truly made us feel at home. My kids can't wait to come back. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! It was great to read that you enjoyed the service at our hotel, the clean rooms and that your children cannot wait to come back. Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Woodland Hills CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Extended Stay has been a home away from home for the past two years. My stays have varied in length, but have always been comfortable. The hotel is well kept and current; the staff is professional and welcoming. If I've encountered any special needs, I've approached the staff and their response has always been quick and accomodating. I have no need to stay anywhere else. I would recommend ESA Woodland Hills to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank for your review. We are thrilled that you continue to be a valued guest of ours and that you took the time to write such a great review. Our staff and myself would like to make every stay comfortable for you and your feedback is what allows us to know how we are doing. Thank you so much.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!