“Good for extended stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #216 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Calabasas, California
“Good for extended stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed her for nearly a week and i had no issues with their hotel. They gave me good price but house keeping had only fixed schedule for cleaning up the rooms. I paid the bill for my room as advance by my card and majority of the bill i paid by cash. As i vacated the room before the planned day the hotel front desk person said that they do not keep any cash in the hotel and i had to find alternative for getting my money back. I am really surprised that the hotels do not keep any cash with them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am eager to respond to your issue specifically, but our privacy policy prohibits me from discussing particulars regarding your cash refund Our company does not carry cash on site for the safety of our staff. Please rest assured that I would be glad to discuss any erroneous billing with you in person if you wish so your concerns can be resolved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and ended up in emergency room with scabies caused by bed mites. Would stay away at all costs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay by inspecting our rooms for cleanliness and quality. I can assure you that I have brought the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I felt very welcomed by the staff. All requests were taken care of within 15 min. Never any issues :)

• Stayed May 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

When differentiating hotels of a similar price, is all boils down to service. The room was nice and clean. Bed was cumfy. Tv was new. The kitchenette was great. Everything was fully stocked. Basically everything you would expect for what you'd paid for. However, something you can usually always also expect is a passive or negative attitude from the front desk person when checking in later in the evening.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT EXTENDED STAY AMERICA WOODLAND HILLS.

Edward -the man behind the desk- was Johnny on the spot for us. We checked in at a little later than 1020pm, so it wouldve been easy for him to pull off tired and ready-to-get-off routine. Instead, this young man was Johnny on the spot. Everything we needed, he anticipated and had ready for us in an instant. Remarkably efficient service. Will be coming back to this hotel whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. I noticed that you enjoyed the clean room and comfortable bed which made your stay most comfortable. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Union City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I booked a week stay after finding this hotel online. I wish I would have read the reviews first. The hotel room was filthy with actual TRASH on the floor. Door to bathroom had dirt smeared on it from dirty hands and the room had no closet. The only reason I stayed ONE night was because we arrived so late and the sheets were clean. I will never stay at an Extended Stay America again. They should be checking their hotels for the Quality they profess.

Room Tip: There is a wonderful Staybridge Suites that is comparable in price and are great rooms, excellent se...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We travel for work and stayed in this hotel over 3 months. I won't recommend this to any one. The hotel is just ok, The noise from both freeway 101 and Ventura bl is just fine but The staff is less than helpful. It seems like it's an annoyance to treat and taking care of the guests once they are in the hotel. No smile or customer service went so bad. Sometimes, we have to wait 10mn to get something done if they are on the phone, they won't even look at you. I think they ought to treat their customers before they take care of the calls. Get their number and call back is barely there and I've seen people waiting for 20mn sometimes just because they dont care of other people's need.
The manager had lost all the good skills of managing it. Asking what do you want isn't a nice way to greet a customer especially if they recommend people or has connections. We need to feel welcomed in a place like this than treating like a piece of trash.I felt bad for others and I wont come back again.
Finally, ask the maid to clean the whole room and not half because mine barely did toilets and left dirty several times or forgot something each time as if i was cursed to ask from the front desk. Anyway, This is not a bad review, they need to wake up and trat people well because we pay their salary. Ignorance is not and excuse. I have been to several Extended stays in the country and this one is by far the worst.

Room Tip: make sure everything works well in the rooms especially old fridges leaking all over the floor or fr...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, July 17, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have been a traveler for the past 6 years, both in the USA and abroad. This location of Extended Stay America turned out to be my home, days in and days out, for the past months.

To sum it in one line: it is not perfect but the staff are always willing to make it perfect for you.

For a 1 star hotel it is cozy & homey. Nice warm and welcoming lobby, the rooms are big and include a kitchenette. I am told that most guest don't actually take advantage of these accessorized kitchens but I do. I like to cook from scratch and because I am a traveler it is quite important for me in order to keep my health up. The staff is always happily restock the condiments such as: filter coffee packs (which I enjoy better then the acidic beverage of popular cafe chains), sugar, creamer and even dish soap.

I had visited the motels that offer "free" breakfasts but I have to admit that I would never have separately pay for such breakfasts where the cost cutting is crying out from every food item. Here I enjoy paying for a kitchen where I can easily and professionally prepare my native mediterranean breakfast or my acquired taste Indian dishes.

As a tip for the Hotel, I would suggest to give more attention in keeping the kitchenette equally accessorized in all rooms. I had been assigned different rooms in each of my stays and each room had it's one odd item missing. Not a big deal but I am sure with a little effort it could be better maintained.

A tip for guests: check the fridge thermostat when checking into the room. It's set to maximum chill. If you store vegetables reduce to about level 3 (out of 5), otherwise it freezes.

The TV's had just been upgraded in the past month to flatscreens. Those even have a VGA socket so you can screen your favorite DVD, downloaded or streaming films directly onto the big screen ! P.S - there's free WiFi internet with a good signal throughout the hotel ( as far as I tried it).

As for ventilation I was happy to find that mostly the non-smoking policy is maintained throughout the hotel and that keeps the long corridors fresh and pleasant to walk through. The smoking guests step outside and smoke under the pergola.

Throughout my visits rooms were kept ventilated and air conditioned while awaiting a guest and were nice to step into. I usually keep the windows slightly open while in if heating the room. That keeps a stream of fresh air coming in and balances the rooms humidity.

Each room has a dining table AND a desk, so there's no need to waste anytime converting one to another. There's an abundance of lamps, which make lighting cozy and functional at the same time.

When checking out I always found flexibility by the accommodating from desk, if needed, which meant for me that I could exercise morning yoga, take a shower and prepare, eat breakfast while watching the news/weather.

The parking lot is one of the biggest I have seen and more then sufficient for the number of rooms, there is always plenty of spaces available nearby each of the 3 entrances.

Currently the hotel went through external face lift and window cleaning, in which cranes were climbing up and down and repainted it. The privacy was compromised for the time being but I guess it had to happen sometime, so now the two tone coating seems to be complete.

I kept the best for last.... and the title of this review says it. I believe, through my experience, that any business environment is defined by it's owner and It trickles down to any employee on the floor. Here I always found the staff as open as I felt comfortable with. Just a truly welcoming place to come back to each time. Comments and special needs are accommodated heartily as possible and that's why I keep coming back.

Room Tip: Never been to the third floor, wonder if the presidential suits are located there....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!